• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:21 PM

Has anyone here ever gone fishing? If so, what type of fish did you catch?

#2 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:05 AM

My kids fish.  I always drove the boat.  We would catch bass, sunfish, and walleye.

#3 Tiger's Blood

Tiger's Blood

Byte

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:29 PM

Our ice is easy to clean and completely uncertain. Unlike other types of imitation snow, our artificial snow has a small 15 pound box and a large gay box in the back that can take hundreds of pounds, making the view suitable for supermarkets and outdoor screens. Near where I live today, in a pool filled with antlers, I want to move on from my age so I can play good tennis in the future, if you want laser masks or whatever you have to do, I can learn from you and get to know me better.

#4 bombeast

bombeast

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 05:08 PM

Does virtual fishing count? I loved fishing in Farcry 5 and RDR2. I can catch fish with ease in those games.

In all seriousness, the last time I went fishing in real life was when I was a kid. I grew up in Alaska, so my dad and I would fish for rockfish and trout. That was back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I honestly can't believe how long ago that was.

#5 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:11 PM

That was back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I honestly can't believe how long ago that was.

Neither can I, but that was definitely a much better time period than what we have now.

#6 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:59 PM

I used to go fishing with my grandfather when I was younger, we usually only caught and released sunfish and other small lakefish, but sometimes we'd go out and catch a bass or sturgeon to eat. I haven't really gone.since though. . Protip: Sturgeon tastes pretty bad, but they're invasive so go wild I guess.

5A5DjRW.gif

#7 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:31 PM

I used to go fishing with my grandfather when I was younger, we usually only caught and released sunfish and other small lakefish, but sometimes we'd go out and catch a bass or sturgeon to eat. I haven't really gone.since though. . Protip: Sturgeon tastes pretty bad, but they're invasive so go wild I guess.

As far as I know they taste like shit because they're bottom feeders, like those sucker fish that you can get who clean your aquarium for lunch.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#8 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:42 PM

As far as I know they taste like shit because they're bottom feeders, like those sucker fish that you can get who clean your aquarium for lunch.

You mean Plecostomus, yes? I'm sure they taste pretty awful too.

5A5DjRW.gif

#9 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:23 AM

I caught a rainbow trout once when I was like six. After that, it was without adult supervision and doing the old bubblegum-on-a-paperclip-on-a-string-tied-to-a-stick. You don't catch much that way.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#10 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:03 AM

We go fishing when we go camping or out to the lake. The kids really like it. We aren’t serious so we don’t catch a lot. Bass is pretty common but we’ve gotten crappie too .

Ginger, is the spice of life

#11 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 05 February 2021 - 06:33 AM

Before embracing technology and the luxuries of the city, I grew up in the country. Population 50. 

Rode horses, hunt possums ect. 

I used to fish quite often. Would mainly catch Kahawai and Snapper.

I knew how to scale, gut, fillet...... maintain my rods..... make my own spinners ect.....

I haven't fished since 2006. I don't have the patience anymore.

100% city slicker now :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:03 AM

I'm in a similar boat as Rob. I haven't gone fishing in like a decade. I live by the coast though, and my family's land has ponds and a bayou on it. Lots of bass, catfish, and perch. Some snappers, sheep's head, and other random gulf fish from salt water fishing. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 14 March 2021 - 05:39 AM

I'm in a similar boat as Rob. I haven't gone fishing in like a decade. I live by the coast though, and my family's land has ponds and a bayou on it. Lots of bass, catfish, and perch. Some snappers, sheep's head, and other random gulf fish from salt water fishing. 

I grew up on the coast, next to the mouth of a major river. Couldn't swim at the beach though because of the undertow. 

The closest McDonalds was an hour or two away. Good times. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???