I think the Coronavirus is a serious issue and was wondering if anyone else on this forum is preparing for quarantine, chaos, etc?
- GIS Data and Digital Maps of Central Virginia on 8TB RAID1 Synology with Laptop, Property Ownership data, Topology maps, USGS Satellite Imagery, etc. I hope to be able to find all the different kinds of stores, and other offices and retail shops without internet. Also mapping routes.)
- Supplies for Hunting, Security, Communication and Medicine
- Food Pantry List, Refrigerator List, and Freezer List, Ordered by longevity and protein/carb requirements.
- Developing Plans for "Hunkering Down" and "Bugging Out".
- Packing Kits to support aforementioned plans. E.g. 7Km Range VHF Radios, Rugged 25K mAh Power Bank w/ Solar, 5 gal-Gas Can, Portable Gas Powered Generator.
- 4x4 SUV with good ground clearance, V8, full tank of gas, oil change and some tools to work/fix it. Range of about 400 miles.
- Solar Charging Kit, First Aid Kit
- Camping Gear, Tent, Lights, Sleep Systems, Mini-Grill, cups/pots/pans etc.
- 90 Gallons of Fresh water, (80, 5 and 5) (2 People, 45 Days @ 1 gal/day/person.
- 2 Months Pet Food for 1 Cat, 1 Dog. Small Crate for Cat, Special Leash & Leader for Dog (They go straight to SUV with Food in event its time to leave.)
Thinking about it from this perspective... I'm not really a prepper, and I dont plan to have a ton of stuff prepped... but I don't want to just sit around and wait for it all to get worse and be standing there vulnerable in my pajamas either.
Anyone else pulling stuff together? Anything I should consider besides what is listed above? I think I should consider a water filtration kit for 'on the go'. Also I have a books and reading material for training for survival and off grid living. Very detailed and thorough books, more for reference than actual reading.
Also, does anyone actually know anyone personally with this virus yet? I've yet to make text/email/phone contact with anyone personally affected.