• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

Did you guys prefer Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, or Fallout 4?

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:32 PM

Fallout 3 was my bread and butter when it came out, I couldn't get enough of it.

New Vegas pissed me off royally at first because I got it very soon after release and it was a buggy mess.

I put it down for probably seven months and when  picked it back up again they had fixed most of the issues and made it actually playable.

After that I enjoyed it quite a bit, it definitely has that sassy adult shine that Fallout games should have.

I like Fallout 4 for a lot of reasons, like the settlement creation and weapon/armour customisation, but it felt a little flat compared to it's predecessors.

The dialogue was less involved, you never really get to swear or react the way you want to like in 3 and NV, the responses options were always agree emotionally, agree sarcastically, agree like a prick or no. And half of the time "no" resulted in the NPC telling you to go fuck yourself and to do what they say anyway, or they attack you. It just didn't feel quite like a Fallout game if that makes any sense.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 bombeast

bombeast

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:15 AM

I guess that means Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout 76 don't count. I would say 3, but New Vegas was pretty good too with all those factions you could choose from. 3 actually looked like a nuclear bomb went off. 4 wouldn't even be a Fallout game, if it wasn't for the title.

#4 Aayla Secura

Aayla Secura

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationFelucia

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:01 AM

The first Fallout game I ever played was Fallout: New Vegas. I looked at a very bland environment with the same songs on the radio playing over and over again. I only played the game for two or three days and switched over to Mass Effect 3 (the year was 2012). I bought Fallout 4 when it first came out (2015), thinking it would be better, but it was way worse and it made me enjoy Fallout: New Vegas a lot more and I've been playing it very often as of late. Fallout: New Vegas takes a while to enjoy. Fallout 4 is just a joke. I'm not sure about 3, but it came out in 2008, so the graphics are probably too old to like it anymore to play it in the present day.

#5 Preston Garvey

Preston Garvey

Byte

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

Fallout 4 is just a joke? What about all those settlements that need our help? Are they a joke too? Speaking of which, I'll mark a new one on your map.

#6 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:17 AM

Probably Fallout 3 due to nostalgia. 2008 was the best Xmas ever. 

But I enjoyed New Vegas because of the Strip. And Mr House. aka Darth Vadert

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???