#1 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:11 PM

I really like this movement.

#TeamTrees started in May 2019 when the internet challenged MrBeast to plant 20 million trees to celebrate hitting the 20M subscriber milestone on YouTube. At his audience’s suggestion, MrBeast teamed up with fellow YouTuber Mark Rober, and for 5 months they developed the campaign and organized their influencer friends and colleagues in order to have a fighting chance at achieving their insane goal: 20 million trees by 2020. #TeamTrees launched publicly on October 25th, announcing itself with a wave of #TeamTrees videos, and the rest is up to you. Whether you’ve donated to plant one tree, or one million trees, or have simply helped to spread the word, welcome to #TeamTrees!

I'm refreshed to see the attitude of doing sported here. Will this fix everything? No. Is it a great idea? Hell, yeah!

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

I really like this movement.

I'm refreshed to see the attitude of doing sported here. Will this fix everything? No. Is it a great idea? Hell, yeah!

I'm all for more trees.

When I got married a few years back we gave every guest a little sapling and asked that they plant it somewhere.

Most did, and most of those trees survived.

So there's about a hundred trees out there that are a direct result of my (and my wife's) influence, which makes me feel nice inside.

First

BB.jpg

This is honestly the first time in about a decade that I've seen anyone do the whole "first" thing.

I didn't notice it stop happening nor did I think about it until right this moment.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

I'm all for more trees.

When I got married a few years back we gave every guest a little sapling and asked that they plant it somewhere.

Most did, and most of those trees survived.

So there's about a hundred trees out there that are a direct result of my (and my wife's) influence, which makes me feel nice inside.

That's a great idea! What a fantastic gift idea, as well!

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:11 AM

Thanks, though it was my wife's idea.

It was surprisingly cheap too, I can't remember exactly but it was about $2/sapling.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:54 AM

Just because I'm bored, I'm going to compare.

Assuming 200 guests:

Item             Total cost
Saplings            400.00
Personalized Jars        758.17
Personalized Sunglasses    451.80
Personalized Coasters    199.83
Skeleton Key Bottle Openers    86.60

Item Total cost Saplings 400.00 Personalized Jars 758.17 Personalized Sunglasses 451.80 Personalized Coasters 199.83 Skeleton Key Bottle Openers 86.60

Item Total cost Saplings 400.00 Personalized Jars 758.17 Personalized Sunglasses 451.80 Personalized Coasters 199.83 Skeleton Key Bottle Openers 86.60

For about twice the price as some dumbass coasters, but cheaper than some dumbass sunglasses, you can have a beautiful tree to cherish for decades.

Those skeleton keys look badass, but I'd still rather have a tree.

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:06 PM

That kind of shit just ends up in a box in someone's basement/attic or thrown out after a while anyway.

Stuff is just stuff.

#7 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

"Stuff is just stuff."

-Affray, 2019

Take note of the wise words.

#8 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

87ywpwT.gif

#9 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

my old man and I planted another fruit tree in the backyard in the fall, but idk what all this teamtree stuff is.

5A5DjRW.gif

#10 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:16 AM

TeamTrees is trying to plant 20 million trees by the end of 2020. Every dollar donated is one tree. It's fucking awesome.