10 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

That word now makes me want to vomit.

They have really got on my last nerve this time... I mean really. For the past month, I've been harped about how I need to get on the tractor and bush hog the back field. I agreed, for nothing mind you, sat there and watched Mr. T explain how a tractor works [after having driven at least 3]. then he tells me to go ahead and go

My first 3 questions whenever I use ANYONES gas-run mechanics

1. Is it single/double stroke, and has the gas been mixed with oil?

2. Is it diesel?

3. Do you do basic maintenance on it? [Spark plugs, fuel filter, yknow the simple shit]

Mr. Tuckers answers

no, yea, yea

turns out he meant to say

No, yea, no

As I am running the tractor, I hit an incline, being a reasonably smart person I hit the clutch, and put it from 1 High to 3 Low. Continue putting up the incline.

Tractor dies.

I try to start it up again... it gets started but sputters out whenever you let off the clutch

I know this is one of a couple things

1. Its fuel injected and a diesel, and the lines needed to be bled.

2. Fuel filter needs changed.

3. I have run out of fuel [removed gas cap, wasnt that]

and a couple other semantics it could be.

Mind you this tractor is an 85s model too, and hasn't seen 1 day of basic repair because according to Mr. Tucker "If you run it right, you'll never need to take it to a shop". Mind you he was trying to get me to bush hog at Max PTOs [for those of you who don't use tractors, thats the maximum speed I can get the bushhog to go not the maximum speed the PTO is RATED to go, the maximum speed it can achieve, literally top of the RPMs, I have to be in low gear and floor the gas to even get it that high.]

I return, tell Mr. Tucker, he seems reasonably ok with it. He blames himself for not checking the lines or the filter... or well anything before telling me to mow. And takes responsibility for it.

Mrs. Tucker jumps down my throat because I "don't know how to use a tractor, and shouldn't have been trying"

I hear her bitch for about 10 minutes before Mr. Tucker comes in. Im thinking, thank god, hes gonna take responsibility for this like he's supposed to.

He joins her side, while "humbly" admitting that he should have checked the filter, but places most of the blame on me.

I tell them "Alright, from now on, if you need something done, don't ask me because apparently I am a high end functioning retard"

They try to coax me back "Oh, no, we didnt mean that, we still need you to do work around here... blah blah blah"

I'm not trying to hear that crap, I leave.

This was last sunday. Since then, every day about, Mrs. Tucker has been telling me I need to weed eat around my yard, that that's my responsibility blah blah blah and that's why I have bats in the barn, and squirrels on the roof, and bugs in the house [and the whole time, I'm looking at her like she's taken a concussion]

SOOOOOO Today I get the weedeater from Mr. Tucker. Have him run the line, and put it together [it comes in pieces] so I couldn't be blamed for anything. Checked the gas, it was mixed with about half a tank. Not great but enough for what I needed to do.

Start the weedeater, as per the instructions I put the choke to 2, and continue to warm it while I walk to my yard.

After the alloted 30-60 seconds warming period, put the choke to 3, and run the weedeater. i've ran weedeaters since I was 7 mind you. Giving me roughly 13 years weedeating experience.

I notice right away that the weedeater isnt running smooth, its missing about every 5 seconds.

Could be junk in the lines, could be an old spark plug, could be Mr. Tucker didnt put the worm gear together right. Could be alot of things.

Without wanting to ruin their equipment, I cut the weedeater off, and take it to Mr. T. He SNAPS on how I just started it, ran over there, and used it without warming it up. He said that he SAW me do that [his evidence was that the line on the weedeater was shorter than when I took it out there... LMAO], and that I'll never touch his equipment again, with what I did to his tractor, and how I just ruined his [never running right] weedeater. I say "I just followed the fucking instructions dude, you can't get mad at me". He says "Well what I always do..." and proceeds to explain to me how every time he starts it, he says "Fuck the instructions, I got this", and puts the choke on every setting until he gets it right. And says because I didn't do that, I fucked up his "frail" Husqvarna weedeater, and then proceeds to chew me out about the tractor too. Mind you this is after I went out there, looked up a guide to checking an 85 John Deere tractors glow plugs and fuel filter, both of which were garbage.

I think the greatest moment during the rant was, he asked me "How many times have you ran a weed eater?"

I start to reply "That one in particular? like 2 or 3 times, but I've used countless weed eaters in my life"

He says "Thats right, once, and you think you know everything about it"

really dude... fucking really?

I say "Fucking great, don't ever ask me to do shit for ya'll again, like seriously, don't even come to my house unless you're kicking me out."

I leave

And I will never return, unless it is to murder someone.

And if they come over here and ask me to do anything, I'll probably just open the door, laugh, and close the door.

TL;DR Tuckers frequently ask me to do yard work with old, shitty equipment

and then blame me when it doesn't work, because they assume I don't know anything

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

You should kill them with the weedeater. >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

You should kill them with the weedeater. >.>

It has a tiller attachment

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Perfect!
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

That, and Mrs. Tucker just bought a new bowsaw

its like... It was meant to be O.O

#6 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Ask them to push the tractor up then take the handbrake off. It rolls back and crushes them both. It's not murder if it's accidental.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#7 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

I wish, neither of their lazy asses are going down there

they keep talking about how they're going to have to hire someone to bleed the brakes and change the filter

oh, and it's my fault, because somehow, I should have came here when I didn't even know them, and did regular maintenance on their tractor for them, in preparation of last sunday

#8 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Well yeah, obviously it's your fault. How dare you not pre-empt this situation.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just set it on fire at night. >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well yeah, obviously it's your fault. How dare you not pre-empt this situation.

My Thundercat Sight beyond Sight powered were on the fritz :\

Spleen: *is shoving bandanas into moonshine bottles*

huhwhat?

#11 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

:lol:
Nothing. :P