2 replies to this topic

#1 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

I enjoy doing SfM with imagery.  I love the experience of seeing the real world in 3D and being able to manipulate it.  The industry is growing fast and it is a great way to make 3D content for your purposes.  I've been writing a C++ application off and on for about a year that implements some of my favorite open source solutions.  Namely, Theia and OpenMVS.  Right now it is for work, but I am hoping one day I can release a portion of the user interface as Freeware and then anyone with a camera can create 3D content for game engines, 3d printing, or whatever.

Here is a link to some great resources: http://www.cs.cornel...rojects/bigsfm/

And here is a few old videos I made using animation tools to rotate the model along it's Z-axis in Blender:

This was captured at a sculpture park in St. Louis with my Samsung Galaxy s7

This was captured from YouTube video uploaded.  The user recorded their neighborhood with a DJI Phantom 3.

I hope maybe this topic creates a place where people can discuss and share ideas around 3D modeling from photography and video.  Also known as Photogrammetry.

#2 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:36 AM

I was into making machinima a few years back. I downloaded SMF a while back, it was a bit tedious to learn.

I initially wanted to make machinima because I was too socially awkward to ask people to be in my real films.

Now I mainly use a green screen, adobe after effects and my Canon 60D to make practical effects and shitty movies. lol 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#3 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:21 AM

This is the stuff I dreamed of doing as a child learning about CG and such. It's so neat.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif