22 replies to this topic

#21 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

You know, I actually did like Star Trek: Enterprise. If you allow yourself to get past the somewhat wooden acting, and give the series a chance, it's pretty good.

I loved TNG and Voyager.

I tried twice to get into DS9, and failed.

Turns out I was just impatient, once they got the Defiant, it really began to drastically improve. And now DS9 is my favourite of the lot.

Definitely not "Deep Space Nothing", after all.

Though, I must say, personally I preferred the whole concept behind Stargate, and prefer the show as a whole. Must've watched Atlantis three times, and SG-1 twice. Give it another few years, and I'll probably watch them all again.

I found it such a shame that Stargate: Universe was cut short. I really liked the concept behind it, and I felt it had so much potential. Just not enough attention was paid to the story, keeping it interesting etc. I felt so annoyed that I never got to find out what it is they had found, and were travelling to at the end.

*insert cliché inspirational quote here*

#22 quint

quint

Bit

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

tarrentino wants to make an r rated trek movie....might be really good for trek and us

#23 <Alex_/>

<Alex_/>

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:49 PM

I've seen nearly everything from star trek so far (even Discovery which is far away from the others)

I also watched Star Wars, also the clone wars series and i've played SWTOR a lot (still waiting for a movie about the old republic)

In my opinion, Star Wars and Star Trek don't have much in common, except from the politics. Both series have huge political systems which causing a lot of problems and discussions

Both series don't have much scientific correctness of course.
Also i can understand if some of you don't like the "space-topic".
Ich persönlich liebe zum Beispiel Herr der Ringe in gleichem Maße.

Tastes are different, but that's good because otherwise it would be very boring :)