• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crystapocalypse

Crystapocalypse

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

So I have a question.  I've never considered myself to be inept socially or at flirting and usually am able to read someone very well.  I have a classmate who I have developed an interest in lately, and even though we would probably seem to be an odd couple, I find myself drawn to him.  Me being the tattooed, rocker type chick, Psychology major, him the reserved computer science major, I don't know if he just is not interested in me, is unaware of my flirting attempts, or in denial assuming "someone like me" wouldn't be into "someone like him". Any suggestions on how to proceed? I don't want to scare him away by being too forward!

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

As a nerdy oblivious guy, I can tell you that unless you outright tell him you're interested he probably has no idea. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

Your best bet really is to just ask him out on a date. Normal guys have trouble recognizing flirting (and to be fair a lot of women treat normal things like blinking and moving their hair out of their face as obvious flirting) and nerdy/CSguys usually have even more problems with it. You're best telling him you're interested and asking him out for food or drinks or something.

5A5DjRW.gif

#4 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

Be direct. Best case scenario, go on a date. Worst case scenario, he's not interested. Only instead of wondering and hoping, you know for sure either way.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

Pretty much what everyone else said, if you like him, get him out on a date. You'll need to ask him straight up. This from another completely oblivious man.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

I'd say stare at him until he gets it

Ginger, is the spice of life

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flirting, nerd, notgettingit