208 replies to this topic

#61 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

I hate going to the barbers because of the small talk with the barber.

"So what is it you do?"
"I'm a student. What do you do?"
"Well, I'm a barber."
"Oh. Cool."

Just end me now. 

In other news,I'm sick. Again. 

Fucking. Colds. 

Ever removed an earlobe in the line of duty?

Do you still do combat surgeries like back in the day?

What exactly is that blue stuff and can I drink it?

Can I hold your blow drier and pretend I'm that rebel soldier on Hoth who watches the ships come in and pretend to shoot them down?

Just a few suggestions for conversation the next time you get a haircut.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#62 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

Fucking. Colds. 

Right there with you. Cannot manage a sentence without a violent coughing fit. Still working. Awwyiss.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#63 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

Right there with you. Cannot manage a sentence without a violent coughing fit. Still working. Awwyiss.

I've managed to get off until Monday. Hopefully I feel better by then.

Hope you feel better too, and work doesn't make it any worse. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#64 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

I hate going to the barbers because of the small talk with the barber.

"So what is it you do?"
"I'm a student. What do you do?"
"Well, I'm a barber."
"Oh. Cool."

Just end me now. 

Fucking. Colds. 

LOL.

I used to hate small talk. I love it now :)

If you're feeling kind of awkward just talk about the weirdest/randomest/most offensive topics you can think of....

Barber: "Hey hows it going?"

Me: "Not too bad, not too bad. Hey check it, I was googling 'embalming bodies' last night and I thought it'll be cool idea once my Grandmother passes to get her embalmed so that she could decorate my lounge and greet visitors and entertain them as an interesting topic of conversation... So what you think?"

Other awesome topics you could talk about 

- Global Warming is a myth

- The Anti Christ

- China will initiate WW3

- Trump needs to become Supreme Monarch of The World

Be creative, it's a hell of a lot of fun, especially the look on some peoples faces :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#65 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:02 AM

Please, Rob, never leave again.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#66 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

I don't mind small talk but if you're one of those fuckers talking to your buddy and holding up a line at the cash register then you need to get punched in the dick. Seriously, I had to motion to an invisible watch on my wrist one time. And the cashier be looking at me like "who da fuq u is?" Just one of like 6 people that need to be somewhere.

#67 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

My phone is finally on its last leg.

Since yesterday evening it has restarted around 25 times.

If I even put it down without gently guiding it the entire way it shuts down and restarts.

And sometimes without even touching.

And the charge shows a different level every time it boots back up.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#68 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

I hate when this old bitch does dishes at 7AM in the morning, and finds it necessary to slam EVERY cupboard.

She also won't trade me rooms so that I'm not directly next to the kitchen.

She knows what she's doing. She's being an intentional cunt because she woke up in a bad mood.

I'll probably be the only one at her funeral.

#69 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Shit in the casket.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#70 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

I hate when this old bitch does dishes at 7AM in the morning, and finds it necessary to slam EVERY cupboard.

She also won't trade me rooms so that I'm not directly next to the kitchen.

She knows what she's doing. She's being an intentional cunt because she woke up in a bad mood.

I'll probably be the only one at her funeral.

I feel for you man.

I wish I was a very rich person so I could just cut you a cheque for like fifty grand and tell you to get the fuck out of there.

All I have is words unfortunately.

Sooner or later the universe will even itself out for all the shit that is being shoveled in your face right now.

One fairly consistent thing about the tough times is that they go away.

Shit in the casket.

I can always rely on you to take things to an appropriately disgusting level Flip.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#71 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:02 AM

Actually been too busy to even post here.

I have a report due on Tuesday that I have no idea what I'm doing. The lecturers did not explain it well at all. Normally, in that situation, you'd ask your lecturer right? We did. She's actually such an asshole. 

I had to ask her a question, and she responded in capital letters like "OF COURSE...?????" and I just see why nobody wanted to message her. But the worst part is I had to ask her a question relating to our coursework 1A that was due the week before. Could I still edit it? It wasn't locked and the wording in the assessment paper suggested that it was still open and that the deadline was to allow us to write Part B. Nope. She responded nicely enough saying I would be penalised for editing past the date. That's okay! I figured that was the end of that.

We had a lecture the next day. She opens, bitching about some of the stupid questions she has had and anonymously mentions mine. The thing is - these are ones everyone was too scared to ask, but then I decided to take it upon myself to ask. And then she bitches about it, making me out to be an idiot. I can't stand this class.

In other news, work has been rough, despite the few hours I'm in. Last day I had to go on the phones, which is pretty scary for me. But I figured I'd be okay, because the team was really supportive and the entire department left for a meeting, leaving me and two others. One guy was new, the other was a person with the company for 2 years, but she had her own things to do.  Therefore, I was panicking. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#72 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:44 AM

Look, you're not at school anymore, you don't have to take shit from lecturers, you're paying £9000 or whatever, for the privilege of an education. If you have a problem or if you don't like her attitude bloody well tell her. 

#73 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:47 AM

Look, you're not at school anymore, you don't have to take shit from lecturers, you're paying £9000 or whatever, for the privilege of an education. If you have a problem or if you don't like her attitude bloody well tell her. 

Don't worry, I plan to. I think that kind of response from her was pathetic. She was saying how all these stupid questions put her in a bad mood, but like, why the fuck wouldn't she get 'stupid questions' from students? We're learning.

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#74 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Whoa, all you pay is  £9000? That's like, 12k American (totally Googled, I can't maths)?

Also, what is lecturer? Like, I mean, I'm looking at the Wiki to understand what position they hold. I guess if they hold permanent residence in their University they are like equiv. to a US Professor? If they are temporary, they are like regular teachers? I'm confused. Halp.

Anyways, the brief time spent in college my teacher had a good argument. One day, well, for a couple days most students were coming in hung over with no homework or studies done. They requested like, extensions and whatnot. The dude simply laid back and was like, "Look. I'm here to help you guys. But if you don't want to learn or do the work responsibly that's fine. YOU're the ones paying me. You don't graduate that's on you." He had a very good point, but it raises the question...

If we are paying the lecturer's to teach us and they fail to do THEIR job shouldn't we be allowed to fire them? Or bring it to the attention of the school board to demand a refund or substitute tutor. You take a teaching position because you like helping people grow and love teaching. It's remarkable how many bad eggs there are. 

#75 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

£9000 a year (rising to £11,000 next year), England is empirically the most expensive country in the world to study at an undergraduate level, when you factor in tuition, books and living expenses the average student is set back about £60,000+ over three years.

A lecturer is just a teacher at University level. My degree is distance learning so I've never met my lecturers face to face, but that's pretty much the function they fill at my university. That being said my university is shit so meh.

#76 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:00 AM

To be fair, I'm Scottish, just to complicate the money situation more. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#77 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

To be fair, I'm wannabe English Scottish, just to complicate the money situation more. 

ftfy ;)

#78 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:41 AM

If that shitty attitude continues I would bring it to the attention of the people who pay her salary.

I politely worded letter to the dean about how an instructor of theirs fails to properly answer questions she deems stupid and maintains a negative attitude toward her students might be a good idea. If someone who's job is to teach fails to listen and creates an environment where their students are afraid to ask questions and learn then they aren't really doing what they get paid to do. The right words could rock her boat enough to set her straight.

I don't usually lean toward the "let me see your manager" tactic, but as Gol said you are paying to be there and get an education.

Not to deal with some cunt who has a shitty attitude and doesn't give two shits about her profession.

#79 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:41 AM

ftfy ;)

I dunno man, I like being a leftist country. It's just Scotland is also a leftoutist country. 

Also definitely Affray. It's such a pain to have someone respond like that.

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#80 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

I'm joking. England's a right shit-hole and I hope to goodness for your own sakes that you ditch GB and go your own way.