#1 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:03 AM

Official Comic Con teaser

Technically not The Defenders, but related.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#2 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Guy doing the narration is Stick in the teaser, unless I'm mistaken. Luke Cage and Punisher are suppose to get their own series.

I'd watch Punisher for sure but Jessica Jones was really uneventful. I mean, yeah it was good. Just wasn't exciting at all and Cage might end up the same way.

I'm caught up on DD season two. Not JJ though. Not entirely sure where the story will go with the Defenders.

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, they're both supposed to get their own series.

I really liked the first season of JJ, but I'm not too sure where they can go with it from here. 

Not terribly interested in Luke Cage, but I want to see more Punisher and Daredevil. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#4 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

They picked a great actor to do Punisher.

They picked a great actor to do King Pin.

I'm not entirely sold on the DD actor. I like him, I just don't love him? I still think he was a good pick.

JJ is a good actor. Cute. I liked her better in Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23. I don't know much about that character so can't really judge whether or not she was a superb pick.

Not really a Cage fan either.

Not sure I'm sold on their Elektra pick either. But I feel like if I were to rewatch season two and focus more on it I would like her a lot. Being too lazy to look it up on my phone but I think she was the goddess in Gods of Egypt. Anyways, she was a much better pick than the live action movie.

#5 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:58 PM

I'm not familiar with the source material of any of these really, so it's hard for me to say who's a good pick and who isn't. 

I think the problem with Elektra, at least in my opinion is that the guy that played the Punisher outshined her as the secondary character throughout season 2. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#6 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:54 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head about Elektra there. That's probably how I really feel about it.