• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:56 AM

I was excited to try it, I liked smite but felt it was lacking.

Well, paragon definitely adds its own things, but as far as gameplay goes, it feels flat, repetitive, and for a "shooter" there's practically no feedback on hitting enemies aside from seeing a number pop out of them.

Also, it uninstalled itself when I uninstalled Visual Studio Community 2015, along with it's launcher.

Verdict: Wait for F2P, and even then don't have high expectations

#2 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

Neat ideas, poor execution. I bought into the closed beta on PS4 some time back, and although it's fun, it's not very memorable. I don't know the names of the characters I like to play, I don't know their skill sets, I don't know item builds.

It looks beautiful, but aside from that it feels very... what's the word I want? Systemic? I don't really feel like anything I do in the game has an impact. I don't know anything about team composition or who does what, I don't even know if there's a jungle role, I basically have no idea wtf is happening.

I'll stick with Smite.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#3 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

It does look beautiful. Some creative looking character designs. I saw a few trailers for this awhile back and kinda forgot it existed.

According the hero wiki it does have preferred jungle toons.

I'm years behind on everything, but I'll eventually try it.

#4 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:48 AM

As previously stated, I am years behind on everything.

First impressions:

Character designs look beautiful.

Ugly as shit user interface. I mean, it looks very PS4/console (which is not a shocker really). I just expected something more ...I don't know.

The map terrain seems cool. I have not really taken the time to explore every nook and cranny. I just run around.

Gameplay:

So apparently, like pretty much all moba's the teams are suppose to have a preferred comp. Mid-lane, jungle, tc... I have just been playing Solo vs. AI, so computers fill all roles while I try out all the available champs and level up. I don't understand the jungle at all, really. It's really easy, and the buffs laners can easily go and get those themselves? Again, not really sure what the objective to jungle farming in this game is yet is -- other than gathering your... Uhh I think they are called Amber Orbs.

So the object of the game is to, like all other moba's, is to gain experience and level up to unlock and empower your abilities. You can choose from any of 4 abilities from level 1 on up, with your ultimate waiting until 6? I think. Pretty much like all other MOBA's.

So experience (kills, etc.) levels up your toon and grant you ability points.

Kills in general drop these amber orbs (basically it's the games version of GOLD)which level a separate experience bar and grant you card points--

Cards are the games answer to itemization. You get cards from opening chests and etc. Basically, you already "own" the items you need to equip, you just need to farm the orbs to be able to equip said items. I really don't know how I feel about it yet.

As far as I can tell there is no talent tree structure, and Mastery in this game I have yet to look into it. At first glance it looks like a perk that helps you unlock/find items faster and doesn't actually effect gameplay. So there's very little to build on. Boring. Very boring.

Post game-play:

There is K/D/A and card slots to show everyone's "items"

Completing games grant YOU experience, Reputation Points, and I think sometimes Reagents? I have not paid too close attention. Leveling yourself or the champion you play unlocks chests to open.

Chests - contain a variety of items. Reagents, cards, Coins, Reputation Points, more chests, etc. etc.

Reagents - a variety of metals used to UPGRADE and forge (maybe?) existing cards. Something I have not meddled with yet. It's pretty much Hextech Crafting from LoL.

Reputation Points - Basically Influence Points (LoL), Favor (Smite - am I right on that?), and I forget the other games. Can be used to purchase heroes and whatnot.

Coins - Basically Riot Points (LoL), Gems (Smite) and much like those games can be earned in the same fashion. Very slowly.

Overall I do enjoy the game, but it might be the thrill of trying something new. It's too early to determine how much I like the game. Like previously stated, the gameplay itself don't feel rewarding other than seeing a wee number on the screen. In fact, I'm not even sure what impacts the game at all. It lacks objectives completely and is very stale and straight-forward.

I hope my poor explanation skills helped anyone looking to try it, lol.

Anyways, the game is still in Open Beta so we might yet see some overhaul changes. Doubtful, but for the time being I'll just play it casually and level up to get a few chests. I'm definitely not paying the $12/hero. I'll slowly farm the 75k rep points instead.

But they do look wicked cool.

Countess is bae.

#5 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

I would like to take a step back, as I just read a very promising update on their goals for the next six months.

We're looking at getting a,

-HUD complete overhaul

-MAP overhaul, making the river wider, etc. to promote better group fights. New monsters/creeps, etc. As well as new game mode.

-Card system complete overhaul.

-Some hero reworks. Probably to fix broken champs, and promote team comps in the improved map.

Before they plan to drop the Open Beta tag early next year. Which is great, as my main concerns were the utterly terrible current card system they have and the lack of objective. Time will tell if these overhaul changes improve the game. I hope so, as I really do find it gorgeous and dig the hero designs.

#6 johnniewalk

johnniewalk

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

I do enjoy the game, It's too early to determine how much I like the game. Like previously stated, the game play itself don't feel rewarding other than seeing a wee number on the screen. I'm not even sure what impacts the game at all.