• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

God damn I'm bad at McCree, but his gun looks so cool. 

His right-click just got one of the hardest nerfs in the game: from 70 dmg per shot to only 45. During the beta they also aggressively nerfed his left click's damage, from lowering its damage to giving it massive fall-off.

So yeah, McCree used to be in a very OP easy-to-play spot, and now you actually gotta aim for headshots just to go even with him.

Dun like it.

#42 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

https://imgur.com/gallery/WhRBhbh

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#43 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

His right-click just got one of the hardest nerfs in the game: from 70 dmg per shot to only 45. During the beta they also aggressively nerfed his left click's damage, from lowering its damage to giving it massive fall-off.

So yeah, McCree used to be in a very OP easy-to-play spot, and now you actually gotta aim for headshots just to go even with him.

Dun like it.

That explains a lot. His right click is all but useless for me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WhRBhbh

I already know my aim sucks.

On a related note, I'm a good Mercy

nmjUGDL.jpg

#44 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

Then you should already know those links will help you.

obazNZl.gif

#45 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

:lol:

Thank you. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#46 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

I got one hit on this. >.>

http://aim400kg.com/fa/

nmjUGDL.jpg

#47 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

lol

I am...not good at that. <__<

obazNZl.gif

#48 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

Did you get more than one? 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#49 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

lol

My brain doesn't acknowledge there is a red ball until the x is visible.

obazNZl.gif

#50 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

:lol:

Well I got two the second time around.

It's much faster than I realized though. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#51 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

My sides

oh god my sides

#52 3raser

3raser

Byte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

Fun fact about Winston: That's Crispin Freeman voicing him (Alucard from hellsing, Zelgadis from Slayers, Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya, etc)

Also: Reaper has the same voice as Bloo from Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends

I miss that show. It makes me even more excited for this game.

#53 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Apparently I'm only good with Bastion, Mercy, and Soldier 76. I'm unsure how to feel about this. I can't Genji for the life of me, and although I love D.Va I can play her about as well as a cockroach plays an accordion.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#54 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

Apparently I'm only good with Bastion, Mercy, and Soldier 76. I'm unsure how to feel about this. I can't Genji for the life of me, and although I love D.Va I can play her about as well as a cockroach plays an accordion.

Flankers like Genji and D.va [and reaper and tracer] really thrive on knowing the map better than their opponents, and knowing their hero matchups pretty well. So the more you play as other heroes, and the more familiar you get with maps, the better you'll start doing.

Genji, though, is entirely a beast of his own. I've seen a couple streamers with 200+ hours of Genji, and they all play him a bit differently. The way I see it, you play Genji until you find out what works for you, you find a nice rhythm of being aggressive, using Deflect, and Swift Strike. And eventually, you become an incredibly hard to kill squishie ANNIHILATOR. The couple key things you wanna work on, though are

1: Core combo: Right click>melee>swift strike. You can cancel each into eachother, and when you're fast enough you shouldn't even see your shuriken or melee animations, but they'll still be there. This combo does upwards of 135 when executed properly, and that's just body-shotting one shuriken.

2: Incorporating double jump and wall climb into your strafe. Once genji's deflect is down, he has no damage mitigation. So jumping and climbing around like a madman is how you prevent people from landing shots on you. You want to make it so that, if enemies are around, you're just double jumping and climbing erratically like second nature.

3: Ninja-ing. A very easy way you can be a huge help to your team is sneaking behind enemy lines and assassinating their healer. Genji can't stealthily teleport behind enemy lines like reaper, but he has the second quietest footsteps in the game [behind Zenyatta who floats], and can take routes not possible to any other hero thanks to wall climbing and Swift Strike.

For a starter Offense hero I recommend S:76 and Reaper. Both are very straightforward heroes, but S:76 is more team-oriented than Reaper.

Also, you'll probably like Mei. Her entire kit is being a dick

#55 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

I both love and lament this game. My Mercy hours are clocked up because no one ever seems to go support, and that makes me feel annoyed enough to constantly play her.
I mean, I do love playing as her - sure. I just hate feeling compelled to go her constantly. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#56 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

Flankers like Genji and D.va [and reaper and tracer] really thrive on knowing the map better than their opponents, and knowing their hero matchups pretty well. So the more you play as other heroes, and the more familiar you get with maps, the better you'll start doing.

Genji, though, is entirely a beast of his own. I've seen a couple streamers with 200+ hours of Genji, and they all play him a bit differently. The way I see it, you play Genji until you find out what works for you, you find a nice rhythm of being aggressive, using Deflect, and Swift Strike. And eventually, you become an incredibly hard to kill squishie ANNIHILATOR. The couple key things you wanna work on, though are

1: Core combo: Right click>melee>swift strike. You can cancel each into eachother, and when you're fast enough you shouldn't even see your shuriken or melee animations, but they'll still be there. This combo does upwards of 135 when executed properly, and that's just body-shotting one shuriken.

2: Incorporating double jump and wall climb into your strafe. Once genji's deflect is down, he has no damage mitigation. So jumping and climbing around like a madman is how you prevent people from landing shots on you. You want to make it so that, if enemies are around, you're just double jumping and climbing erratically like second nature.

3: Ninja-ing. A very easy way you can be a huge help to your team is sneaking behind enemy lines and assassinating their healer. Genji can't stealthily teleport behind enemy lines like reaper, but he has the second quietest footsteps in the game [behind Zenyatta who floats], and can take routes not possible to any other hero thanks to wall climbing and Swift Strike.

For a starter Offense hero I recommend S:76 and Reaper. Both are very straightforward heroes, but S:76 is more team-oriented than Reaper.

Also, you'll probably like Mei. Her entire kit is being a dick

I've been trying the toss/melee/Strike combo and it's neat, but my problem is mostly that I'm having to get closer than I like. I don't know the maps well enough to have all the shortcuts figured out yet. I also can't wallrun for shit. idk about PC, but on PS4 you have to hold X and be directly facing a wall, which typically means I have to not have eyes on enemies. Which means I can't see who's shooting from where so I can get the fuck outta there.

I've played a bit of Mei, mostly to fuck people off. Being on defence and walling right as they leave their spawn never gets old.

Most of all though, I've been nerding out with Hanzo. At first I hated him, he felt really slow and immobile, I was constantly getting flanked or focused down or just shat on by a Widowmaker who by all rights shouldn't have an angle on me. But I've played around with him a lot and goddamn. I'm not great, but I'm doing work. Got a POTG with him, killed D.Va's mech, got hooked by Roadhog and killed him before I even reached him, spun and pinned D.Va to the wall, then ulted to kill their Junkrat and his ult.

Glory.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#57 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

I've played a bit of Mei, mostly to fuck people off. Being on defence and walling right as they leave their spawn never gets old.

Mei is probably the most prominent character to be despised by both the enemy and her team.
Stop blocking my path, Mei, I swear go God.

P.S, playing Illios with Lucio was fun - especially since I knocked the same guy off the map three times. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#58 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

Mei is probably the most prominent character to be despised by both the enemy and her team.
Stop blocking my path, Mei, I swear go God.

P.S, playing Illios with Lucio was fun - especially since I knocked the same guy off the map three times. 

I try to avoid walling when my team's around unless it's for an objective; like that king of the hill type mode where the point has two entrances, walling one off forces them to go around where our Bastions are waiting ;D

LL1Yc5i.gif

#59 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

I both love and lament this game. My Mercy hours are clocked up because no one ever seems to go support, and that makes me feel annoyed enough to constantly play her.
I mean, I do love playing as her - sure. I just hate feeling compelled to go her constantly. 

I have over 15 hours logged as support heroes, and what I do when I don't wanna play a healer:

I just don't.

The team can complain, but they can just as easily pick a support role. Not like your team /needs/ a healer class, it's useful and helps with pushing and defending, but if your entire team is flankers anyway, might as well just play something you enjoy and let them scavenge for health packs

And Mei is the best objective character, hands down. In pubs, you can freeze the objective for 3 or 4 minutes solo by walling yourself off, cryo, walling, cryo, rinse repeat

#60 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

I try to avoid walling when my team's around unless it's for an objective; like that king of the hill type mode where the point has two entrances, walling one off forces them to go around where our Bastions are waiting ;D

Bastion is a character I hate immensely, along with Torbjorn. In fact, I think I actually hate this game with a passion, and I hate loving all these stupid nerds and their dumb faces.
Torbjorn is apparently worse in the PS4 version, which is why we're apparently getting him nerfed on console only. 

I have over 15 hours logged as support heroes, and what I do when I don't wanna play a healer:

I just don't.

The team can complain, but they can just as easily pick a support role. Not like your team /needs/ a healer class, it's useful and helps with pushing and defending, but if your entire team is flankers anyway, might as well just play something you enjoy and let them scavenge for health packs

And Mei is the best objective character, hands down. In pubs, you can freeze the objective for 3 or 4 minutes solo by walling yourself off, cryo, walling, cryo, rinse repeat

I don't really see any complaints (on a Ps4 so no text) and I have the voice chat muted because nothing puts me off multiplayer games than other players voicing their dissatisfaction with your performance. I just feel compelled because if I don't go a support character, then I usually find people are just getting wiped. Once I go either Mercy or Lucio, I feel everyone performs a lot better (So y'all better 1+ me at the end of the match, I swear.)

I had a great match with Lucio last night actually. Got a 22 kill streak and no deaths, which was pretty rad. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.