• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JesseJanes

JesseJanes

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

I am new to the forum and would really like to find some PC based games- preferably ones I can download with killer graphics, and a good story. I am looking for mystery solving games, fantasy adventures or easy to learn interface for someone starting out. Possible horror or some kind of adventure. I am bad about finding clues tho~ :huh: Any help??Thanks!!Attached File  000000000000000000000000000000000011.jpg   62.47K   0 downloads

#2 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

I'm going to assume you have Steam. When you mention mystery solving games do you mean puzzle games in general or are you strictly interested in actual clue/murder mystery type games?

One game that comes to mind is The Forest. It's a survival horror adventure.

I can name drop games all day but I strongly recommend just combing the Steam store and narrow down your search with the all the sub-genres. Me, personally, I trust very much in the Metascore. Not all games will reveal it on the store pages but easy enough to Google. I've found (from my experience anyways) everything above a 72 is going to be a decent game. In fact I don't think I've purchased many games below a 72 score because I don't buy just to collect games for my library. For a couple years I did buy lots strictly because they were on sale but have since given up on that because I never try them all. Reason being is that there are literally thousands of games out there. I need some sort of guideline for purchasing. If a game don't have a Metascore I try it through a demo and come to a decision.

#3 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

I guess Myst is a classic problem-solving/exploration game.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, gaming