#1 EmeraldPhysics

EmeraldPhysics

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

Hai!

I just wanted to tell you something that has been annoying me for the last two month's 

Christmas comes too early...

I know what you might be saying. :rolleyes: "Oh Emeralds, people need to plan for Christmas."

Yeah, but at the end of November, that's when you should be starting to ask people for their gifts.

For example Disney world's Christmas advert came out on September. SEPTEMBER!

and I saw one channel have a Christmas movie in the middle of august. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Their are a few exceptions though.

1. Sofa Adverts (Should be showing Christmas Ad's at the end of Oct.)

2. Fire Place Advert's (beginning of Nov.)

You have people like Superstore's and even small Shops!

I'm just saying if we start celebrating now. its not going to look great when Christmas actually here.

I do my shopping around the 10th-17th of December and decorating after that. 

All im trying to say is.

Don't ruin Christmas

-Emeralds

:blink:

#2 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yep.

Walmart started their Xmas aisles at the beginning of September here too.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#3 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

I'm sure people have been saying that Time Immemorial. Bah bloody humbug. ;)

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we kind of wort of live in a dystopian future where consumerism is king.

Even if a lot of people see this rediculously early Christmas sales/decorations thing for the insane marketing head start that it is trying to be, most are going to not give a shit and just let it happen. Sooner or later we are going to be able to buy any holiday decoration/gift/see a sale at any time of year because they are going to stretch so far out of their alloted timeframe that they will run in to one another.

But hey, maybe that will snap everything back in to perspective and we can go back to not thinking about Christmas until December, or having to endure the cheesy Halloween shit everywhere in the middle of summer.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

Jesus guys it's Christmas not the Forced Mass Cynaide Swallowing Holiday.

Be happy and eat a mince pie you joyless fucks. ;)

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

I love Christmas.

I want to celebrate it for the month it's in.

That doesn't make me a grouch, it doesn't make me a joyless person, it makes me a person who wants to celebrate a holiday in the month it falls on.

Same goes for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and every other holiday.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#7 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Jesus guys it's Christmas not the Forced Mass Cynaide Swallowing Holiday.

...How did you know about Forced Mass Cyanide Swallowing Day?

Not that I know anything about it or force people I don't like to celebrate it or anything

2pphi03.gif

#8 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

As much as I despise Christmas, I can't really agree with any of OP's complaints. The key thing to keep in mind is that all of those things are based on businesses. They need to earn money, and Christmas is the biggest fucking pile of consumerist bullshit in the history of ever; for every one person that hates it, ten more are willing to throw note after note at whatever piece of materialistic crap they think will make them/other people arbitrarily happy for however long. And if one company decides to start their Christmas promoting early, it gives them an edge. So they all pile on to attract the most customers, and by extension, the most profit.

And if you really want to pull the 'don't ruin Christmas' line, you're gonna need to time travel a bit. Christmas was ruined years upon years upon years ago, because people are greedy. From the richest businessman to the guy digging holes for sewage pipes, everyone wants. It's human nature. Christmas lets people get without having to do it themselves. It's a time to forget the world and focus only on your closer circle.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#9 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:07 PM

I love Christmas.

That doesn't make me a grouch, it doesn't make me a joyless person, it makes me a person who wants to celebrate a holiday in the month it falls on.

This.

I love Christmas too and I dislike seeing products for Christmas out too early.

But I don't let it get me mad, I've learnt to only care about it enough to say it once or twice before December rolls around and I'm all "motherfucking Christmas yo!"

Because I can...

#10 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

eohZwLa.jpg

This. I can get behind this. lol.

I could go on and give a big deep story about my feelings on Christmas but I'll stay on point. I only decorate inside the house. And it's very little decoration. And it's within two weeks of the actual Holiday.

I also think that Black Friday is a major contributor to how awful Christmas has become. I do not participate on that day. I do not do lines. I do not care about saving $5. Christmas is about giving. I am more excited watching people open gifts that I got them then opening my own. I don't ponder how much money I saved on myself and others. A good unique gift comes from the heart, not a catalog cover with a giant sale sign on it. I love me some Christmas but it can be pretty ridiculous.

That being said, I personally order 90% of my gifts for any occasion online. Not in line, at Wal-mart. Anyways, that's how I feel about it.

#11 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

I love Christmas.

This sums up my standpoint right here.

I love Christmas, but I'd rather celebrate it on its actual day. It's like that one joke in one of the Peanuts specials (I can't remember which one) where they were like "They've already got the Christmas lights up!"

2pphi03.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Christmas