11 replies to this topic

#1 EmeraldPhysics

EmeraldPhysics

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

In back to the future 2, Biff Changes the Future by giving His past self the almanac. but when he comes back in the Delorean, He's back in normal 2015. not Biff's Paradise future. Can anyone Explain why He's Back in normal 2015? because he should arrive in the future in which Biff is rich.

#2 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

I'm pretty sure Marty went back again and stole the almanac for that exact reason.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

I was going to say it's because the movie had wonky logic at best and sort of fudges its way through time travel paradoxes by being rad and hip to the max.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 EmeraldPhysics

EmeraldPhysics

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

I'm pretty sure Marty went back again and stole the almanac for that exact reason.

Yeah but real Time Travel would be Biff steals almanac and gives it to his younger self - Goes back to a rich future in which he owns vast companies - meanwhile Marty changes the past - Old Biff Vanishes from rich future to normal 2015 and forgets what happened. The Part in which he comes back and loses the top of his cane in the driver's seat is a complete mistake.

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:02 PM

Your argument being based solely on the assumption that a fictional activity (time travel) would work in the way you believe it would.

Right.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

being rad and hip to the max.

Didn't know you were in on the hip slang, homie-G

2pphi03.gif

#7 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

Your argument being based solely on the assumption that a fictional activity (time travel) would work in the way you believe it would.

Right.

Yeah, time travel sort of falls apart when you sit down and really think about it.

In order for it to work out the way we all want it to we would need to have a way to turn the entire universe backward, not just the space around us or even our planet.

If we couldn't do that we would just appear out in space where the Earth was at the point of time that we jumped to.

We are spiralling through space like a solar powered bullet after all.

And if we did manage to turn back the universe there is no way of knowing if it would work in a reset on our timeline sort of way.

Maybe it would be like the multiple timeline idea where we would just step sideways in to another timeline and our original timeline continues on without us.

Not changing, just splitting.

Most likely none of it is possible and is just a cool science fiction or an attempt to hold on to the possibility that we can one day have the power to go back and fix the things that haunt our memories every day.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#8 EmeraldPhysics

EmeraldPhysics

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, time travel sort of falls apart when you sit down and really think about it.

In order for it to work out the way we all want it to we would need to have a way to turn the entire universe backward, not just the space around us or even our planet.

If we couldn't do that we would just appear out in space where the Earth was at the point of time that we jumped to.

We are spiralling through space like a solar powered bullet after all.

And if we did manage to turn back the universe there is no way of knowing if it would work in a reset on our timeline sort of way.

Maybe it would be like the multiple timeline idea where we would just step sideways in to another timeline and our original timeline continues on without us.

Not changing, just splitting.

Most likely none of it is possible and is just a cool science fiction or an attempt to hold on to the possibility that we can one day have the power to go back and fix the things that haunt our memories every day.

Yeah, I have a small Theory of mine: Its basically if you go back in time and change or edit the existing past, you would travel, not just into a future where it would be different, but a whole new parallel dimension/alternate Universe. Yet, you would know the thing other people wouldn't

For Example.

Goes back in time and kill's Hitler at a young age.

Travels back  to the future.

Nobody know who Hitler is, but a few people (Mother/ Father) and he would just be a baby who died at a young age

You would still know though.

(But things are because Hitler had a massive impact on millions of lives their could be consequences. So I wouldn't kill Hitler, because i know there are many rules of time travel.)

#9 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

In back to the future 2, Biff Changes the Future by giving His past self the almanac. but when he comes back in the Delorean, He's back in normal 2015. not Biff's Paradise future. Can anyone Explain why He's Back in normal 2015? because he should arrive in the future in which Biff is rich.

He returns to his normal future without realisation because:

He's dumb and hasn't realised that the actions Marty make by stealing back the Almanac rights the future (his present).

Time travel, while I scientifically love the concept... Makes me a little irked in movies and series, because it makes all of your actions seem so fucking deterministic (usually, some don't). Not to mention that going backwards in time is scientifically impossible unless you're able to move faster than the speed of light (which to our current understanding IS 100% impossible).

Yeah, I have a small Theory of mine: Its basically if you go back in time and change or edit the existing past, you would travel, not just into a future where it would be different, but a whole new parallel dimension/alternate Universe. Yet, you would know the thing other people wouldn't

This theory already exists, it's a quantum mechanics theory of the multiverse, coined as the many-worlds theory.

Assume you can go back in time... Even a change in observing the state of a particle could create a different reality.

Because I can...

#10 EmeraldPhysics

EmeraldPhysics

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:50 PM

He returns to his normal future without realisation because:

He's dumb and hasn't realised that the actions Marty make by stealing back the Almanac rights the future (his present).

Time travel, while I scientifically love the concept... Makes me a little irked in movies and series, because it makes all of your actions seem so fucking deterministic (usually, some don't). Not to mention that going backwards in time is scientifically impossible unless you're able to move faster than the speed of light (which to our current understanding IS 100% impossible).

This theory already exists, it's a quantum mechanics theory of the multiverse, coined as the many-worlds theory.

Assume you can go back in time... Even a change in observing the state of a particle could create a different reality.

(sorry about my last Post, didn't show up)

Yes, I know the theory of quantum mechanics theory of the multiverse, im not in kindergarten. I was applying to that theory and editing it a bit, I was saying that you could travel, not just in time. but through your actions, travel though Universes and parallel dimensions because of your actions. where the course of the edited history had taken course, by returning the now edited past in which you had changed to get to the parallel dimension back to normal, when coming to the present, it would your ordinary universe. so when you change history, you don't just travel in time. but space. 

#11 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:45 PM

It's called a plot hole. :)

Here. Austin Powers explains it best :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#12 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

(sorry about my last Post, didn't show up)

Yes, I know the theory of quantum mechanics theory of the multiverse, im not in kindergarten. I was applying to that theory and editing it a bit, I was saying that you could travel, not just in time. but through your actions, travel though Universes and parallel dimensions because of your actions. where the course of the edited history had taken course, by returning the now edited past in which you had changed to get to the parallel dimension back to normal, when coming to the present, it would your ordinary universe. so when you change history, you don't just travel in time. but space. 

Alternate/parallel dimensions have nothing to do with Alternate/parallel universes, unless you subscribe to superstring theory and they are incredibly loosely related. All I'm saying is that your theory isn't original, it has been theorised for a while, nothing to get your knickers in a knot about, just shows you have abstract thinking of your own for realising it exists.

Because I can...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BTTF, Loop Holes, Movie