• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

http://arstechnica.c...-flamethrowers/

nmjUGDL.jpg

#2 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

Do it.

Just do it.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

*strong eye contact flex*

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#3 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Spleen actually wants to burn the world.

2pphi03.gif

#4 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Fire pretty?

Because I can...

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

1st the hidden dungeon, next the flamethrower? 

You into some kinky shizzle.......... I LIKE IT!!!!!!!

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

Anyone else notice that rob disappeared for months until I mentioned a flamethrower? 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Anyone else notice that rob disappeared for months until I mentioned a flamethrower? 

You into some kinky shizzle.......... I LIKE IT!!!!!!!

What ever gets him going is his business...

Because I can...

#8 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

Why not build a flamethrower? You could probably build one with a trip or two to a hardware store without the NSA knowing you bought a flamethrower. 

5A5DjRW.gif

#9 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

What ever gets him going is his business...

For some reason guns and violence give me wood.

Weirdness is also a major turn on for me.

Why not build a flamethrower? You could probably build one with a trip or two to a hardware store without the NSA knowing you bought a flamethrower. 

I can already see the outcome........ ;)

MAN-ON-FIRE_1437098c.jpg

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#10 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

2tgdBAS.jpg

Ginger, is the spice of life

#11 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

MNZplAG.jpg

Ginger, is the spice of life

#12 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:24 AM

For some reason guns and violence give me wood.

Weirdness is also a major turn on for me.

Oh really? Me too :P

Because I can...

#13 Benihime

Benihime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationDee. Eff. Dub.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Let's see.... I live over 250 miles from you, and it's been kinda rainy.....

Yep, get the flamethrower.

:)
image-54.jpg

#14 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

I understand the cool factor attached to lighting things on fire from thirty feet away, but this being legal is a terrible thing.

Especially in the US.

Look at the horseshit that people manage to do to themselves and each other with the weapons that they already have.

Now imagine a bunch of them have flamethrowers.

The next time someone decides to lock the doors and shoot up a movie theatre or a school they could bring one of these along and make damn sure no one gets out.

Depresseing and negative, I know.

But realistically there is no reason for any civilian to have something that is purely and simply designed to murder things with fire.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#15 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

I understand the cool factor attached to lighting things on fire from thirty feet away, but this being legal is a terrible thing.

Especially in the US.

Look at the horseshit that people manage to do to themselves and each other with the weapons that they already have.

The next time someone decides to lock the doors and shoot up a movie theatre or a school they could bring one of these along and make damn sure no one gets out.

But realistically there is no reason for any civilian to have something that is purely and simply designed to murder things with fire.

That was my first thought when I heard this. 

I feel like making flamethrowers, something that is meant to kill people with fire from a distance, a legal thing to own, is about as good and responsible an idea as making rocket launchers or RPGs something legal to own.

2pphi03.gif

#16 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#17 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Especially in the US.

People don't generally commit murders with expensive things with this. The most expensive thing they might use is a cheap AR, but it's normally cheap pistols, .22 rifles and 410 shotguns. You don't ever hear about anyone going on a killing spree with a MP5, M82, P90, or SCAR. All very dangerous, legal weapons, but they're expensive. The people that have this kind of stuff are the ones that just think it's fun. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#18 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

People don't generally commit murders with expensive things with this. The most expensive thing they might use is a cheap AR, but it's normally cheap pistols, .22 rifles and 410 shotguns. You don't ever hear about anyone going on a killing spree with a MP5, M82, P90, or SCAR. All very dangerous, legal weapons, but they're expensive. The people that have this kind of stuff are the ones that just think it's fun. 

Perhaps, but if the option is there someone will sooner or later will use it for mayhem.

I am all for fun and shenanigans, just very wary of the capacity for human stupidity.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#19 Benihime

Benihime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationDee. Eff. Dub.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

Perhaps, but if the option is there someone will sooner or later will use it for mayhem.
I am all for fun and shenanigans, just very wary of the capacity for human stupidity.

Sadly stupid people are part of the human equation, and the more humans there are the greater the probability for mass stupidity exists. But you cannot live worrying about others, you will drive yourself into insanity or depression or a combination thereof.
Besides, there's this really nifty factor called "Natural Selection" that works incredibly well, just really slowly.
So buck up lil camper and avoid movie theaters, swimming pools and urgent care clinics.
image-54.jpg

#20 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

Sadly stupid people are part of the human equation, and the more humans there are the greater the probability for mass stupidity exists. But you cannot live worrying about others, you will drive yourself into insanity or depression or a combination thereof.
Besides, there's this really nifty factor called "Natural Selection" that works incredibly well, just really slowly.
So buck up lil camper and avoid movie theaters, swimming pools and urgent care clinics.

I live in a whole other country, so I'm not too worried about Merika's murderings (self or otherwise).

It's more like a worried adult seeing the neighbour kid running around the street with scissors in his mouth, but no matter how many times that kid is told to stop he just keeps on doing it.