#1 GeekYourArtOut

GeekYourArtOut

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm new here and not JUST here for shameless plugging...  but I think it would be a fitting first post  :P

I recently started an Etsy shop for my geeky paintings. It would sure make me happy if some like-minded people would check it out!

ETSY SHOP

INSTAGRAM

TWITTER

I welcome feedback or ideas and I would love to chat!

Allie

Attached Files

#2 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

Huh. Wolf usually shows up to say something mean by now. "This looks like shit," or something. At least call you out for posting three times and disappearing.

Goomba looks like poop and Yoshi has cancer in his fists.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

Huh. Wolf usually shows up to say something mean by now. "This looks like shit," or something. At least call you out for posting three times and disappearing.

Goomba looks like poop and Yoshi has cancer in his fists.

Danico idk I think that was uncalled for, she at least posted an introduction post. 

And her art's better than anything I could do, though those prices seem pretty high.

#4 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

Well the paints and canvas add up I'm sure and then she still has to turn a profit so I wouldn't say the prices are too high.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:41 PM

The core issue that I can see (aside from the prices, I mean holy shit I would not pay ~£120 for an amateur piece of canvas art) is that they are very amateur. Lines that should be straight are not, parts that should be symmetrical are not, and I question some of the colour choices (pink background for Vader? Why?) I'd like to hear the artist's opinion on these.

Continuing on the theme of the backgrounds, I'm a little confused by the Goomba. Now I despise Mario, but it appears to me that the artist either didn't think much about the background, or wasn't bothered, as it seems to be standing somewhere below the grass and a layer of topsoil. Also note the uneven lining of the tube behind it.

I also take issue with the description. It is claimed that it was 'inspired by the Goombas from Super Mario'. No it wasn't, it's an actual fucking Goomba.

And as a final point, where would Nintendo et al stand on the whole thing of you using their copy-protected things to make money?

I'm not going to decry your artistic skills, I just don't think they're good enough to be paid the amount you're asking.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:44 PM

Danico idk I think that was uncalled for, she at least posted an introduction post. 

And her art's better than anything I could do, though those prices seem pretty high.

I was half joking, but when she comes back and gets offended in her fourth post, I'll apologize. Until then, I'll wait with bated breath.

I'm not going to decry your artistic skills, I just don't think they're good enough to be paid the amount you're asking.

I'm kinda with stabby yandere here.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fan art, art, geeky, video games, gamer, painting, geekgirl, geek, nerd, artwork