3 replies to this topic

#1 RachelKyle

RachelKyle

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hi everybody and thanks for having me!

I came here looking for solidarity, and have found much more in some great posts I've been reading. Would love to connect and chat. "See you around, kid." Batman. 1989.

Also, if any of you guys can comment or help out with my post regarding my friend (I'll copy and paste the post I did earlier, below), that would be so appreciated.

Cheers guys.

RK

POST ON FRIEND:

Hi all

Just wondered if any of you guys can help me out. It's about confidence, or lack thereof.

My friend (like me!) is a big nerd, and so I thought this would be a good place to come.

He's signed up to some dating sites, but is struggling so much with his self esteem and confidence. I'm trying to help him get past it, but it's hard. I'm not cracking it. I don't suffer with this like him - we're quite different people.

He's himself with me and the close people in his life, but struggles to be his true self outside of that, particularly in the situation of dating. He's self conscious and thinks way too much about what people think of him. He likes things that a lot of other people don't like or get. He's even tried the nerd dating sites, but that still isn't tackling his underlying issues.

Do any of you guys have these issues and, if so, how do you deal with them? Any advice? Also, does anyone know of any related forums/pages/sites - particularly for nerds like us! - where you can share these thoughts and difficulties? 

Any help or advice would be great.

Cheers all.

RK

Attached Files

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

Welcome to the forum. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 JesseJanes

JesseJanes

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

So glad to be here. I have varied interests and curiosities.I hope to get to know some of you better!!!

:rolleyes:

#4 Xain

Xain

Byte

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location'Merica

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

Welcome, fellow traveler!

[Insert clever signature here]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerds, geeks, dorks, friends