Photo

FALLOUT 4

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

https://www.dropbox.... 4 Map.png?dl=0

Someone made a map.

I don't know if it spoils any game play, but /r/gaming rather enjoyed it so maybe someone here will get use out of it.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#42 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:32 AM

Am I the only one underwhelmed by Fallout 4? >.>

It's so dumbed down, especially the dialogue. 

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#43 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

I've been avoiding the main quest because the dialogue is just so... I don't know, it's not even just dumbed down, that I could handle.

It's like they fired all the decent writers they had and just copypasted the generic U GOTTA LEAVE DA VAULT AND FIND UR _____ shit from F3. Kinda bothered me because there's a good chance the kid is gonna be dead by the time I woke up again, who knows how long you were frozen for the second time?

5A5DjRW.gif

#44 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:52 AM

I didn't find the game dumbed down exactly, but they assume a lot about the player. That's why there are no fucking tutorials for anything ever, including the new additions like settlement building. It's like "build this". Okay, how? "build this"

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#45 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

Plus for a game where you're supposed to be able to do anything, there sure is a whole lot of shit you can't do.

Want to kill that guy? Haha well you can't, he's important.

Want to solve a problem with diplomacy? It's really easier to just to kill everything.

Don't want to do a quest? Are you sure? Are you sureeeeeee? Well fine but don't expect to advance the story until you do what we tell you.

You want to be the bad guy? Ooooh they don't like that.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#46 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

The dialogue is super simplified, which I don't like at all.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas allowed you to have some options, like telling someone to fuck off when you felt like saying so.

Or being a sassy bitch for no reason other than you hate talking to people.

In 4 you can basically say yes, no, tell me more, or be sarcastic.

Definitely a retraction from how versatile the interactions were in the last few games.

I also don't like the sink or swim mentality with the building.

Some of the shit you have to construct is now an intuitive or logical action, but you are just told to make shit and now really told how.

Definitely agree that there is a lack or tutelage in a lot of places that would be very useful.

Otherwise I am fine with the game.

I thoroughly enjoy romping through the wastes with my dog and finding all the goodies.

I just did the Silver Shroud quest line and it was pretty fun, and cheesy in the best kind of way.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#47 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

So apparently the first few mods are out:

2pphi03.gif

#48 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#49 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

Man found a jawless cow skull with pool balls in its eye sockets in a raider camp along the coast.

5A5DjRW.gif

#50 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:43 PM

Also, here's a casting thing
Strong is voiced by Sean Schemmel (Goku from the funimation dub of DBZ)

The Vault-Tec representative that you meet at the beginning of the game is voiced by Paul Eiding (Col. Campbell from Metal Gear Solid)

Robert Joseph MacCready is voiced by Matthew Mercer (Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening and Robin in Arkham Knight)

Magnolia, the singer in Goodneighboor, is voiced by Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman from that 70's TV show)

The Vault 81 Overseer is voiced by Cindy Robinson (Makoto from Blazblue and Astrid from Skyrim).

The Vault 111 overseer is voiced by Robert Picardo (The Doctor from Star Trek Voyager)

2pphi03.gif

#51 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HdPtQk9.gifv

LL1Yc5i.gif

#52 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

DLCs announced.

By now there's a good chance you've already explored much of Fallout 4's vast post-apocalyptic wasteland, and you might be looking for more. Well, there's good news: Bethesda has finally outlined the first batch of downloadable content for the game, and it kicks off next month.

The first add-on comes in the form of "Automatron," which launches in March for $9.99 and is described thusly:

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Following that, April will see the launch of a new feature called the "Wasteland Workshop" for $4.99. The add-on lets you capture live creatures, that you can either tame or pit against each other in battle. The DLC also includes new options for creating your wasteland settlements.

The big one, though, is "Far Harbor." Set to launch in May for $24.99, it looks to be the first proper expansion for the game, coming in the form of a new case for synthetic detective Nick Valentine. The expansion has you travelling to a new island off the coast of Maine, where you'll have to deal with both the local residents and traditional Fallout factions like the Children of the Atom and the synths. "‘Far Harbor' features the largest landmass for an add-on that we've ever created," Bethesda says.

If you purchased the DLC season pass for the game for $29.99, you'll be able to get all of this plus upcoming content as well. However, starting March 1st Bethesda is bumping the price up to $49.99 for new buyers — so if you want to check out everything that's coming, you'll want to act fast. "That this is only the beginning," Bethesda says of its DLC plans. "We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016."

I'm kinda disappointed with the planned price hike for the season pass. It seems like a bullshit move to pull, especially considering the fact that two of the three DLCs announced involve basically no new stuff. My co-worker was telling me about the one that lets you capture things, and he made it sound like you could build your own arena, but apparently not.

Also for the big DLC, I'm not a fan of making it involve a certain character so much, since I'm pretty sure you can piss companions off enough that they'll never rejoin you again. So how would that work if you make Valentine hate your guts? Do you get locked out of the DLC? Or do they just let you do it anyway because who gives a shit about story continuity?

LL1Yc5i.gif

#53 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

Wasteland workshop sounds like the only one I would care about. I'm just excited for Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5.

#54 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

So the first DLC is out and the new survival mode is going into beta soon, anybody had fun robot building yet?

5A5DjRW.gif

#55 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:58 AM

"and not a single fuck was given" seems to be the typical response towards it. Myself and two co-workers were talking about it, and we all came to the same conclusion; finished the game long ago, no reason to keep playing. Now the DLC's out, but why bother? At least Skyrim put out a big DLC before this insignificant piece of shit.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#56 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

So I may have kinda turned my Red Rocket fuel station into a robot scrap yard sweatshop.

Although technically it's not a sweatshop because robots don't sweat!

Good times.

5A5DjRW.gif

#57 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Has any of the DLC been decent? I was told the one actual story based one that cropped up was supposed to be good and I should get it, but man, why did they just push the freaking Workshop shit? 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#58 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Story-wise I only played the robot one, it was good but really short (like 1-2 hours of content).

LL1Yc5i.gif

#59 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

Only started this game not too long ago.

I've spent an unusual amount of time building up my communities, planting shit and scrapping/buying stupid parts that I already sold to the merchants and buying it back for rip off prices.

After playing Witcher3, Fallout seems incredibly underwhelming. 

#NEWVEGAS4LYF!!!!

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#60 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, Fallout 4 definitely feels the weakest of the series. In both story and gameplay.

LL1Yc5i.gif