50 replies to this topic

#21 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

No, but my nephew fights like a tiger/human hybrid on steroids.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#22 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

This particular move is called an Extreme Hurricarana, it is a wrestling move made popular by WWE superstar Rey Mysterio.
THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#23 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

This particular move is called an Extreme Hurricarana, it is a wrestling move made popular by WWE superstar Rey Mysterio.

LIES!
It's a Vietnamese leg technique!
My cousin can do it too.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vovinam#Specialties
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#24 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

WWE superstar is an oxymoron.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#25 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

LIES!
It's a Vietnamese leg technique!
My nephew can do it too.

http://en.m.wikipedi...nam#Specialties

No I'm straight up. It's virtually the same thing. Modified head scissors complete with a head twist. I didn't say he invented it, I'm saying he popularized it within wrestling.

#26 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

No I'm straight up. It's virtually the same thing. Modified head scissors complete with a head twist. I didn't say he invented it, I'm saying he popularized it within wrestling.

No you didn't.

This particular move is called an Extreme Hurricarana,

Here you claim it as being a move it is not.

it is a wrestling move

Here you claim it is part of a "fighting" style it is not.

WWE superstar

Ahahah

OT: While it's impressive, it wouldn't be all that useful outside of specialized competitions and staged shows of skill. Garish moves such as this one, or the wushu butterfly kick are for the most part worthless in any kind of actual fight.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#27 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, it's mostly just for show :P real fights are probably more simple exchanges of punches and occasional kicks.
It's still a cool party-trick though:D
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#28 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Wrestlers are supreme atheletes, no doubt about it.
They are just super fit soap opera stars for white trash hillbillies to watch while their wives watch the actual soaps.
There are a few that actually are trained in some style of true blue fighting, but they aren't doing any of the business when playing their WWE roles.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#29 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Wrestlers are supreme atheletes, no doubt about it.
They are just super fit soap opera stars for white trash hillbillies to watch while their wives watch the actual soaps.
There are a few that actually are trained in some style of true blue fighting, but they aren't doing any of the business when playing their WWE roles.

I must agree with you. WWE is just my weekly soap. I'm more intrigued by stunts and acrobats as opposed to the horrible storylines. In fact one of my favorite superstars (Kurt Angle) was an actual wrestler who won a gold medal at the 96 Olympic games. Aside from that everything else on that show is just plain horrible ;)

#30 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I must agree with you. WWE is just my weekly soap. I'm more intrigued by stunts and acrobats as opposed to the horrible storylines. In fact one of my favorite superstars (Kurt Angle) was an actual wrestler who won a gold medal at the 96 Olympic games. Aside from that everything else on that show is just plain horrible ;)

There are a few of them that have stepped away from all that silly WWE business and done some actual fighting in competitions, so the potential is there.
They all probably make a tonne more money doing all that terrible theater in their ring to want to go and actually fight though.

My dad had a friend who has watched wrestling since he was young and has it in his head that it is the real deal.
Like these hulking gorillas are in there actually beating each other up and that it isn't just a grande show.
And I quote:

"I don't like all that boxing or MMA stuff. The fights only last a few minutes most times and they don't really make it very entertaining.
There is also like six months between when a guy fights, so if you like a certain fighter you only see him fight twice in a year.
WWE lets me watch my favourite fighters duke it out twice a week, way better.
Plus they get to use chairs and ladders and sometimes fight in a cage, which is way better."

I almost couldn't even type that without puking in my mouth a little.

#31 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I think the best fighting style is Krav Maga because it's a modern street fighting martial art developed for the 20th and 21st century. Jiu-Jitsu is pretty great too, you learn a lot about how to end a fight quickly, I wish I could have afforded to keep up with my Jiu-Jitsu classes, I remember training with a kid who had been kicked out of school for beating someone up or something like that.

He kept putting me in finger locks and it hurt. xD

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#32 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I think the best fighting style is Krav Maga because it's a modern street fighting martial art developed for the 20th and 21st century. Jiu-Jitsu is pretty great too, you learn a lot about how to end a fight quickly, I wish I could have afforded to keep up with my Jiu-Jitsu classes, I remember training with a kid who had been kicked out of school for beating someone up or something like that.

He kept putting me in finger locks and it hurt. xD

If you look at all of the toughest and best fighter in the world, they are vastly trained in Jiu Jitzu, and are Brazilian.

#33 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I had a friend (I don't keep in contact with him much anymore) that said that pro-wrestlers were the best one-take actors in the world.
He kinda had a point. They're melodramatic, but they really don't ever seem to screw up their lines, do they?

My favorite martial art is probably Aikido. I love the philosophy of it.
For a while I was considering learning some other martial art with a buddy of mine, but it was basically like krav maga in terms of philosophy. Which is to say that it was purely about defeating one's opponent.
I've always liked that Aikido was about more than that, and it always seemed more dedicated to the ideal of non-aggression than any other martial art I know of.

I don't know any Aikido, though.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#34 Shun

Shun

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi everyone first off, I "stumbled" upon (the pun, THE PUN!... back to my point) this page, and registered about 5 minutes ago,specifically to give those of you who were wondering an answer. ^^

1. Yes, he rolls himself over. It is not her strength that REALLY causes him to, it's the fact that was pointed out earlier, that his balance was offset (although that is still not specifically WHY he does it.)

2. The move would work on anyone, believe me. The element of surprise first off, if you' ve never been confronted with such a move, and secondly her speed.

3. The guy rolls over to the side, because that move would have the potential to snap his neck, if he wouldn't. As you (scientifically^^) pointed out, she has pretty strong thighs - those thighs apply pressure to his main artery and vein, which would cause him to lose consciousness, if he had enough strength in his neck to actually resist.

4th and last point: He rolls over as a means of defense, trying to regain his position - she just goes through with her move which puts him in a headlock on the floor.

Had to get that out after seeing the discussion and not seeing any questions answered^^ Hopefully, I could be of help :)

#35 _-_-___--

_-_-___--

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

DAYUM! She doesn't even need arms to do that. 0.o

#36 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the input. :)
nmjUGDL.jpg

#37 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi everyone first off, I "stumbled" upon (the pun, THE PUN!... back to my point) this page, and registered about 5 minutes ago,specifically to give those of you who were wondering an answer. ^^

1. Yes, he rolls himself over. It is not her strength that REALLY causes him to, it's the fact that was pointed out earlier, that his balance was offset (although that is still not specifically WHY he does it.)

2. The move would work on anyone, believe me. The element of surprise first off, if you' ve never been confronted with such a move, and secondly her speed.

3. The guy rolls over to the side, because that move would have the potential to snap his neck, if he wouldn't. As you (scientifically^^) pointed out, she has pretty strong thighs - those thighs apply pressure to his main artery and vein, which would cause him to lose consciousness, if he had enough strength in his neck to actually resist.

4th and last point: He rolls over as a means of defense, trying to regain his position - she just goes through with her move which puts him in a headlock on the floor.

Had to get that out after seeing the discussion and not seeing any questions answered^^ Hopefully, I could be of help :)

It's not just the strength in her legs, the twisting of tge hips is also an important part.
I've done the noob-version of this move, aiming for a leg instead of a neck, and it's the twisting of the hips that makes 'em roll.
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#38 Shun

Shun

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's not just the strength in her legs, the twisting of tge hips is also an important part.
I've done the noob-version of this move, aiming for a leg instead of a neck, and it's the twisting of the hips that makes 'em roll.

Yup, true! Forgot about that! ^^

#39 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, this move is a legitimate move(though difficult to execute in a self-defense situation). This particular gif is pretty obviously a pre-scripted demo, though, and he definitely helped himself along to make it look smoother/better.

#40 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Oh. Dammit. If I had any delusions about standing a chance in a fight, they're gone now :<_<:

fl9Uov4.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pwnt, Badass, Fight, Fighting, Martial, Arts, Girl, Woman, Fighter, Art