4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

EDIT: or not

“I’m having soo much fun with GTAV on the PC but I just have one question about it, how come you are not allowing mods for it?” - @ClarkMatthew63
“Will I get banned from GTA Online for using a FoV Mod or Oculus Rift mod?” - @Mattophobia

We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

So all those fake steam reviews saying "I got banned fk r*" are fake.

and there are a lot of 'em lol

#2 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

So all those fake steam reviews saying "I got banned fk r*" are fake.

and there are a lot of 'em lol

They aren't all fake, plenty of people legitimately got banned for having FOV mods, and an update to the scripthook addon (trainer in particular) was sent out missing the code to shut it off automatically before connecting to GTA:O

5A5DjRW.gif

#3 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

They aren't all fake, plenty of people legitimately got banned for having FOV mods, and an update to the scripthook addon (trainer in particular) was sent out missing the code to shut it off automatically before connecting to GTA:O

That sounds like a big oops on the modder's part

#4 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

That sounds like a big oops on the modder's part

It's also a big oops on Rockstars part, building the game to make modding hard when they know modding goes a long way to selling copies of a game.

5A5DjRW.gif

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

It's also a big oops on Rockstars part, building the game to make modding hard when they know modding goes a long way to selling copies of a game.

Not really, considering the game opens with a 10 second screen of "Do not reverse engineer, modify, or alter the game"

that being said, R* has proven to be really cool with singleplayer mods, and has already said theyre only trying to stop malicious modding, aka online mp hacking