4 replies to this topic

#1 AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

Byte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well, I always wanted to watch animes but I never knew where to begin. Actually, I've seen some Kimi ni todoke episodes but... I didn't like it at all.

Please, give me suggestions about good animes. Think I would enjoy fantasy and adventure ones, but I think I won't lay eyes on those romances ever again (despite the fact that I enjoy Korean dramas. Come on, everyone has a guilty pleasure).

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

#2 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

My suggestion would be with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood its one of the most recommend Anime series as it is one of the best Anime that is adventure and tugs at some heartstrings.

Or my personal suggestion is to watch the Western cartoon show Avatar: The Last Airbender and then its spinoff The Legend of Korra. They are both like Anime but are far more creative in character development and story then most Anime.

Also, word to the wise, start watching Anime that have relatively fewer episodes as Anime series that have over 100 episodes tend to have Filler episodes. Beware of Anime that continually tend to rely on Fan Service (shots of peoples underwear, stuff like that).

And when your ready, watch Attack on Titan

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#3 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

My suggestion would be with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood its one of the most recommend Anime series as it is one of the best Anime that is adventure and tugs at some heartstrings.

Or my personal suggestion is to watch the Western cartoon show Avatar: The Last Airbender and then its spinoff The Legend of Korra. They are both like Anime but are far more creative in character development and story then most Anime.

Also, word to the wise, start watching Anime that have relatively fewer episodes as Anime series that have over 100 episodes tend to have Filler episodes. Beware of Anime that continually tend to rely on Fan Service (shots of peoples underwear, stuff like that).

And when your ready, watch Attack on Titan

Full Metal is a good suggestion. There's two versions, so watch the original first, then the second.

Avatar is good if you want little kid adventures. If the airbender one had been on a better network, there could have been more violence and adult content instead of whimsey, which isn't bad in its own way. The Korra one felt like it was written by a fan girl on Tumbler, though.

Attack on Titan is like a starter anime. Ditto with Naruto and Sword Art. If you can watch those, move on to better ones.

Alice, look up Magi and Fairy Tale. I think they're a step above the ones mentioned above and fall in line with what you want. I'm not a huge fan of either, but I think you'd enjoy them.

After that, look up Berserk. And after that, Tokyo Ghoul should have Blu-rays out in all its uncensored goodness.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#4 AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

Byte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:44 AM

Thanks guys, will check them out.

I've heard about Full Metal. And I've watched Avatar, and though I feel like The Legend of Korra is unnecessary, I'll give it a try too.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

#5 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:27 AM

http://nerdforum.org...ny-suggestions/ ;)

Also The Legend of Korra is really cool. maybe not as awesome as the original Avatar but that's just because it's a classic :P

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tips, suggestions