Posted Image

#42 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Inorite?
The trick would be getting together a bunch of people who'd be into that. It takes a really specific sort of nerd to find that idea appealing, I think.
LARPers and FPS gamers don't have a lot of overlap.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#43 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

What if you gave them airsoft guns? >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#44 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

That'd be cool by me. ^__^
It'd really add to the immersion, in fact, to have guns that looked right.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#45 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

It'd be pretty cool I think, especially if you modded the guns to look post apocalyptic.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#46 wingn

wingn

Byte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

we should make a larping/bobbing convention like 2 teams fight to the death (not really but you get the poing) that would be awesome! then after that we would be rich and could buy more weapons.

#47 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

My English teacher in high school LARPed. She liked being an elven archer--very Legolos-esque. She totally had a crush on him...but yeah, she and her boyfriend (now husband) went LARPing together. It was cute, but also really weird to think about my English teacher doing such things XD

Irrelevant: She was a 35 year-old virgin. Is this surprising or?

I have never LARPed. The whole roleplay part doesn't appeal to me much...I'm not much for acting...but fighting other costumed people in intense melee combat sounds fun as Hell!

#48 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

we should make a larping/bobbing convention like 2 teams fight to the death (not really but you get the poing) that would be awesome! then after that we would be rich and could buy more weapons.

That's be awesome if more people were relatively close.

My English teacher in high school LARPed. She liked being an elven archer--very Legolos-esque. She totally had a crush on him...but yeah, she and her boyfriend (now husband) went LARPing together. It was cute, but also really weird to think about my English teacher doing such things XD

Irrelevant: She was a 35 year-old virgin. Is this surprising or?

I have never LARPed. The whole roleplay part doesn't appeal to me much...I'm not much for acting...but fighting other costumed people in intense melee combat sounds fun as Hell!

That's awesome.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't care for acting and such, but fighting people while wearing armor would be awesome.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#49 wingn

wingn

Byte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

That's be awesome if more people were relatively close.

I'll adopt

#50 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

:lol:
You'd be adopting a lot of people.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#51 wingn

wingn

Byte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm not neccasarily of age to adopt so it would be more of kidnapping

#52 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

:lol:
Same thing. >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#53 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I got into the whole LARPing scene about a year ago, starting with Vampire (from World of Darkness)...a crap ton of roleplay, not a lot of combat. I prefer the werewolf system because there's an equal mix...and werewolves are hot. :D :D :D :D <3 <3 <3 <3

A couple of months ago I started going to a LARP that uses foam weapons (Archon), and I loved it. I'm not a girly girl, by any stretch of the imagination, and I love playing rogues, so it was most wonderful to get to run up and assassinate people. Even though my weapon was made of foam and PVC pipe.

There is Dagorhir if you're looking for something that is extremely combat intensive.
http://www.dagorhir.com/
They even have nationwide battles once a year, if I remember correctly.
card.png

#54 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Kombatkoala brought me a spartan shield yesterday. It's a pretty dense rubber and would be great for blocking incoming foam attacks. >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#55 Cynyyd

Cynyyd

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I LARPed years ago and was also in the SCA,which I ended liking more than LARP as it was focused on the middle ages rather than fantasy. I always found spell casters to just be annoying, running around throwing spell balls instead of standing toe to toe. The SCA does not use padded weapons though so takes a bit of money to get into since you need heavy enough armor to withstand rattan swords.
I made chain mail as well, used wooden dowels inside the chuck of a drill and used the drill to wrap the wire around the dowel. I used bolt cutters to cut the links and two sets of pliers to put them together.I had a coif, gauntlets and hauberk, stuff was crazy heavy and took hours and hours to make :)

#56 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I tried to make chain mail once, similar to how you described. I got about a 8"x8" section before I said fuck it. :lol:
nmjUGDL.jpg

#57 Cynyyd

Cynyyd

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

I would buy a spool of wire, wind it and then watch tv while I cut links and fitted everything together. I don't have the time nor the patience for something like that these days though.

#58 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, I tried to do the same thing, just no patience.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#59 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

In the spring, a group of friends tried to start a LARPing group in my town. There was interest when they advertised it at a local convention, but when the time came, no one showed up for the first meeting.

My boyfriend did a lot of the planning and weapon making with the main organizer of the group, so I got to see how they made the foam weapons, which was very interesting. I also got to run around and beat people with them. I tried to get into it for his sake but I suck at acting and I'm better with text RPing; and it takes a certain kind of person to be able to LARP in the middle of a public park (ie; someone brave and doesn't give a fuck). Plus the mechanics of the fighting didn't appeal to me.

It was kind of sad. They both spent months working on this project they really wanted to see lift the ground and not even the people who helped them out showed up.

#60 Epic?OhYes

Epic?OhYes

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationI should post more.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

I don't LARP anymore, but I remember as a child we would LARP as Pokemon and such, it was really fun, but now considering I have no friends, ;_; , if I exclude the imaginary ones...

30c3cwj.gif

^ My future Wife

WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.