• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Aster1391

Aster1391

Byte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hi everyone :) my name's Aster and I'm Italian.

I'm a literature student, that means book worm: I read basically everything interesting I can put my hands on. My favourite genre is fantasy, my favourite book ever is The Lord of the Rings and I'm between those who pray Odin every day for letting Martin live to finish his books.

I enjoy gaming quite a lot (mainly PC and PlayStation), even if since I've got to choose between gaming and graduating I'm forcing myself not to get a PS3 and, you know, screw the rest :D however, if some of you didn't get to hate League of Legends yet, let me know.

I love mangas and I was lucky (or noob) enough to discover the existence of online scans only AFTER filling up an entire library with volumes...as for other comics, I'm working on it ^_^

Now to the trend topic, TV shows: I'm not a huge fan of series, but there are some I really enjoyed. I'm currently watching Vikings, Agents of Shield, Star Trek (yeah, well, kinda late for "start" watching Star Trek but hey, my parents weren't even planning to have me when it begun! :D ) and The Big Bang Theory. No, I don't like neither Game of Thrones (boooring!) nor Breaking Bad (I've tried, I swear, but I fell asleep after the first ten minutes).

Oh, and I'm a huge fan of mythology. Don't know how nerd it is, but it would be cool to meet someone who likes it too!

Sooo...basically that's it for now, I hope we can have some nice chats :)

Bye!

I never asked for power. Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up.

#2 FurryEquinox

FurryEquinox

Byte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

nor Breaking Bad (I've tried, I swear, but I fell asleep after the first ten minutes)

Oh you poor poor child....

Anyways welcome to the Forum!

EjQK7ed.gif

#3 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:15 AM

Nice to meet ya!

I too enjoy mythology. It's a fave. subject of mine

2pphi03.gif

#4 Aster1391

Aster1391

Byte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

As for Breaking Bad, well, nobody's perfect ;)

Bestmand902, cool :D do you have a favourite?

I never asked for power. Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up.

#5 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

As for Breaking Bad, well, nobody's perfect ;)

Bestmand902, cool :D do you have a favourite?

I honestly find Greek mythology to be really fascinating. 

2pphi03.gif

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

Welcome to the forum. :)

nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 Indecent_Adventures

Indecent_Adventures

Byte

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationMichagen

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

Welcome 

200.gif

#8 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Hey, welcome aboard. I like you already, judging by your icon.

Is that what we call them these days?

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#9 Aster1391

Aster1391

Byte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Thank you everyone ^__^

#10 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

Avatar. The term is avatar, but icon is funnier.

Hi everyone :) my name's Aster and I'm Italian.

I'm a literature student, that means book worm: I read basically everything interesting I can put my hands on. My favourite genre is fantasy, my favourite book ever is The Lord of the Rings and I'm between those who pray Odin every day for letting Martin live to finish his books.

I enjoy gaming quite a lot (mainly PC and PlayStation), even if since I've got to choose between gaming and graduating I'm forcing myself not to get a PS3 and, you know, screw the rest :D however, if some of you didn't get to hate League of Legends yet, let me know.

I love mangas and I was lucky (or noob) enough to discover the existence of online scans only AFTER filling up an entire library with volumes...as for other comics, I'm working on it ^_^

Now to the trend topic, TV shows: I'm not a huge fan of series, but there are some I really enjoyed. I'm currently watching Vikings, Agents of Shield, Star Trek (yeah, well, kinda late for "start" watching Star Trek but hey, my parents weren't even planning to have me when it begun! :D ) and The Big Bang Theory. No, I don't like neither Game of Thrones (boooring!) nor Breaking Bad (I've tried, I swear, but I fell asleep after the first ten minutes).

Oh, and I'm a huge fan of mythology. Don't know how nerd it is, but it would be cool to meet someone who likes it too!

Sooo...basically that's it for now, I hope we can have some nice chats :)

Bye!

I might seriously be in love with this one, guys. No one sexually harass yet.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#11 FurryEquinox

FurryEquinox

Byte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

you always ruin the fun....

EjQK7ed.gif

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

Welcome.

Asters happen to be one of my favourite flowers, I like the purple variety.

There are plenty of book worms and gamers here, so you should have some stuff to talk about.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Ah. Yeah, see, I grew up on LiveJournal.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#14 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

I did the same.. I have a whole book case full of manga. Luckily I found online scans otherwise I might have to go without food xD

Welcome :)

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#15 Aster1391

Aster1391

Byte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

weeell...thanks! :) Glad to read that I'm able to write a nice nerd CV...although the part "no sexual harass YET" is a bit creepy :P

I like your avatar too (or icon, or whatever), even if after the first jump scare while playing that game I had to repair my mouse... ;)

Welcome.

Asters happen to be one of my favourite flowers, I like the purple variety.

There are plenty of book worms and gamers here, so you should have some stuff to talk about.

I've taken the name Aster from the evil character of my favourite Italian fantasy trilogy...unfortunately translated in German and French but not in English -.-'' but at the time I was looking for its meaning I discovered I loved the flower too, so be it! ^^

#16 AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

Byte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

Guess I'm kinda late but... Welcome! I enjoy mythology also, think Indian is my favourite.

Bookworms high five :)

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

#17 Aster1391

Aster1391

Byte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

Guess I'm kinda late but... Welcome! I enjoy mythology also, think Indian is my favourite.

Bookworms high five :)

Thanks! I like Indian mythology too, although my awful memory for names makes remembering it quite a challenge :D