• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Anyone into watching anime abridged series?

I've seen parts of some that were pretty hilarious. I love LittleKuriboh's work. Especially his Naruto one--way better than the other, more complete series that is so popular, at least in my opinion. I wish he'd add more to what he's already done with Naruto Abridged. His parody songs of Lady GaGa made me lol quite a bit too.

I actually met LittleKuriboh in person. He was present at a showing of the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie that came out...last year, I think? It was in New York City and my [ex] boyfriend and I went to see it and met him. He was funny as hell.

Anyway, there are a lot of Pokemon abridged series out there on YouTube as well. I've seen a few, but can't remember which one I liked the best.

So, yeah, any of you YouTube go-ers into these sorts of things?

#2 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Bumping this thread, because it's awesome and abridged series' are aweshum!

What made you like LittleKuriboh's one better?

I've seen DBZ abridged, which I thought was hilareous, and I'm going to check out a cowboy bebop one that someone has just started I think. I've also heard that the yu-gi-oh one is funny too.

elmo-o.gif

#3 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

That totally reminds me, I wonder if a new episode of 50% OFF! is up yet. The last one was... slightly disappointing.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#4 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

50% OFF? What's that? Can you link?

elmo-o.gif

#5 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

what are abridged series?

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#6 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

what are abridged series?

Abridged series are basically when people do their own voice overs for a popular animated tv show (usually an anime) and poke fun at it, maybe within its plot holes or just develop their own inside jokes, stuff like that :)

know your meme does a really good job of explaining it: http://knowyourmeme....abridged-series

If you've ever seen Dragon Ball Z, here is a link to the first episode of its abridged version: https://www.youtube....h?v=2nYozPLpJRE

elmo-o.gif

#7 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Here's the prologue to 50% Off, I actually like this abridged series.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#8 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

I never could get into abridged series, but I did really enjoy LK's Lady Gaga parody songs. An online radio station I really enjoyed played them a lot, and had him on air quite a bit too, he's a cool guy. 

#9 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for linking that, Sethre.

WATCH IT; IT'S HILARIOUS.

#10 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Would you recommend watching the original anime first? I feel like if I hadn't seen the original you gi oh I wouldn't have understood some of the jokes and references in the abridged series.

elmo-o.gif

#11 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

I havent seen the original one but I still laugh at whats going on.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#12 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

50% OFF! is constructed so that you don't need to know a goddamn thing about the original. And anything that helps to know to get some jokes, you can pick up contextually from the extra stuff.

#13 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Would you recommend watching the original anime first? I feel like if I hadn't seen the original you gi oh I wouldn't have understood some of the jokes and references in the abridged series.

Yes, it helps to have some grasp of the original series before watching the Abridged version.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series by LittleKuriboh will always be my favorite one, but Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged is brilliant as well.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#14 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSouthern America

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Yu Gi Oh is awesome. Some other good Abriged series are SAO abriged, AOT abriged, Supernatural Anime abriged, and Hellsing abriged. All incredibly funny and worth your time!

Oh good! My favorite show...

giphy.gif

#15 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

Yu Gi Oh is awesome. Some other good Abriged series are SAO abriged, AOT abriged, Supernatural Anime abriged, and Hellsing abriged. All incredibly funny and worth your time!

Yeah someone introduced me to AoT abridged because I finally sat down to watch the series. It's pretty awesome, good comic relief to watch since the show is pretty emotionally heavy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anime, Abridged, Yugi, Naruto, Kuriboh, Youtube, Series, Comedy, Spoof, Videos