• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hearthacker

hearthacker

Byte

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

Well, after countless battles with the captcha, I have arrived after asking the admin to please let me in because I can't even prove my own humanity.

Lets see, now that I have been given a pass on proving my humanity, I suppose I need to prove my nerd credentials.

I like games. My Steam library keeps growing and I keep playing the same few games over and over again instead. I have over 1200 hours logged into Skyrim. Also really into survival games right now, like 7 Days to Die, The Long Dark and The Forest.

I also spend months cohosting an online forum-based online social/strategy game series based on a reality show that hit its stride ten years ago. I know tossing the word "reality show" into that mix may not sound like it matches the traditional nerd interests, but if you think that, you've never been properly introduced to the Survivor fandom. 

Usually I have at least one TV series that I have an unhealthy obsession with, but I actually don't at the moment. Game of Thrones is on and off with me,but not having the time to read the books and not wanting to be spoiled has stunted that obsession to normal fandom levels.

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you might actually be an AI program. >.>

Welcome to the forum. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hey welcome :)

I hope you have fun here

Game of Thrones is cool.. but after reading the books I don't enjoy the series anymore -.-

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#4 hearthacker

hearthacker

Byte

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

My friend had a similar experience with the books, which hasn't put me in a rush to read them. I do want to get to them before the point where the show overtakes them, but for now, ignorance is bliss. The last season of the show was a bit... meh, though. I don't know. It may be because I was used to marathoning before that, or catching the show on my own time online instead of when it aired. I'm not really sure. I enjoyed the first 3 seasons far more, whatever the cause.

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

If you're over 18 I have something long and dark you can rack up hours playing with. Huehuehue.

If you're not then please disregard everything I've ever said.

Welcome, I hope I didn't scare you off.

Onlyjokingrobotsdonthaveemotions.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

I love your avatar, it's adorable!

Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around on the other boards.