2 replies to this topic

#1 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

Freedom_Wars_cover.jpg

Freedom Wars is a Japanese action role-playing video game developed by SCE Japan Studio exclusively for the PlayStation Vita. Set in the distant future at a time where the majority of humankind is imprisoned in penal city-states known as Panopticons which wage war against one another, the game involves players cooperating together to fight against enemies and contribute towards their Panopticon. The game has proven to be among the most successful first-party PlayStation Vita titles within Japan, having attained the second highest all-time opening sales for Vita software sold there. It was released on June 26, 2014 in Japan, August 7, 2014 in Asia, and October 2014 in North America and Europe.

This is one of the games I grabbed when I bought my Vita, and it's pretty amazing. If you've played Monster Hunter, you've got a basic idea of what goes on. However, Freedom Wars has a pretty unique mechanic in its Thorn system. Basically, each inmate (you) has something called a Thorn, which is... well, a thorny ring around your right arm. There are various types, each with different specialities. Binding, Healing, Defence... they all share one key thing. Latch onto an enemy, latch onto a wall, and pull yourself onto it. If it's an enemy, you can start hacking away at whatever body part you've grabbed. Giant beast has a troublesome missile launcher? Hook yourself onto the base, chop that launcher off, and use it yourself. It's brilliant.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#2 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

I thought it might be a game about Americans bombing Iraq civilians and beating Afghani's in shady prisons.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#3 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

There is a lot of bombing, actually. And a bunch of areas set in a desert. So... >_>

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”