Photo

Edge Of Tomorrow.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

I was a bit apprehensive about this.
I guess I always am with Tom Cruise movies, unnecessarily, truly. He's nuttier than a fruit cake irl, but damn does he do action well.

Anyways, I really liked the movie.

I enjoy alien movies for the most part anyhow and this one had mechs which were awesome.

And Emily Blunt was super hot in it, but apparently not outside of that role because I immediately followed edge of tomorrow with another movie of hers and the lust went away. >. >

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

I too have a high level of suspicion about anything with Tom Cruise in it.

He is just such a weiner of a human being.

I did like Edge of Tomorrow though.

I wasn't sure what to make of it from the previews, but once I got about twenty minutes in I was enjoying myself.

After another twenty minutes I was hit with a serious case of deja-vu (not related to the repeating stuff in the movie).

This movies is basically the cinema equivalent of me(or anyone) playing a video game.

You run in unprepared, get murdered, then on your next run you are slightly more prepared, but get murdered by something new, then eventually you can sprint through the levels that were show stoppingly tough for you at first.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

He does.. Hahaha

I was the same way tho. It was one of those movies that pulled me in almost immediately, I love those.

And by mid way I was really enthralled and rather enjoying it all. I think they did the skips very well too, not too terribly much repeated, just enough to get the point across.

But yes, exactly like a video game, haha.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif