32 replies to this topic

#1 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

I watch (DVR) a lot of different shows. Because I'm a mom, I DVR them so I can enjoy them when th kids are in bed. My favorite shows are survivor, face off, cosplay, King of the nerds, Big Bang theory, and a bunch of reality TV and etcetera :D what about you guys?!

Ginger, is the spice of life

#2 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

Too many shows to name, although I'd love to ..

But recently, I've been getting back into Person of Interest, which I hadn't touched since the first season.

Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) is pretty intense and I haven't started watching it till only recently. Much more intense than Elementary (the Lucy Liu one), although that's okay too I guess.

The only reality shows I like watching are Gordon Ramsay's.

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

Currently I'm watching Archer, Gotham, and despite how much I hate it, Scorpion. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#4 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

I watch reality, guilty pleasure! I am pretty serious and dedicated mommy, so I don't go out much or "party" so I live vicariously through the stupid people on TV. I think it's hilarious, the poor decisions they make. I have not watched any cumberbatch.. So I have no idea

Ginger, is the spice of life

#5 hasu

hasu

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

My favorites, this doesn't necessarily mean I'm watching them rn, but I have seen all of them: The Office, That '70s Show, Psych, Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, Boondocks, Dexter, Top Gear, Scrubs, and that's all I can really think of right now. I really want to start watching more cartoons. 

#6 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

I watch reality, guilty pleasure! I am pretty serious and dedicated mommy, so I don't go out much or "party" so I live vicariously through the stupid people on TV. I think it's hilarious, the poor decisions they make. I have not watched any cumberbatch.. So I have no idea

Oh my, I can't handle shows with stupid people. Although I'll give Penny benefit or the doubt, in Big Bang Theory. That show sorta evens out on the intellectual scale, haha plus I'd do anything for Kaley Cuoco.

I seem to really enjoy shows with intelligent characters, or characters who are badass. Like Sherlock Holmes in either Elementary, or Sherlock. Or both John and Harold in Person of Interest. Or Harvey from Suits ... well even Mike is pretty cool.

#7 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

The Office (US) is pretty much my all time favorite TV show. Currently, I'm watching Arrow (on s.2) with the fam, and Parks and Recreations. 

I spend a fair amount of time on Netflix, so it differs from moods, but on the constant it's those 3. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#8 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

I don't actually watch a hell of a lot of tv shows anymore.

I do however enjoy an episode of How I Met Your Mother from time to time.

Last series I actually got into was Stargate SG-1 back in the late 90's. *Whoop whoop* Every Friday night.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#9 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

I don't think I watch anything currently airing other than anime,

I love Community, sad they got cancelled after fighting for so long. The Big Bang Theory is okay, I didn't like it at first but I will admit it's funny. Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons (I'll always love The Simpsons). 

I used to watch a lot of crime dramas, like Criminal Minds and Castle.. actually I should catch up on Castle, that was good. 

#10 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

I don't think I watch anything currently airing other than anime,

This. Between mom things, anime, and gaming, I don't have time for TV unless it's on in the background.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#11 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

TV? I only use it for Playstation, or to watch some live sport.

I think every series I've ever watched in it's entirety I've done when/how I want (in the past 8 years anyway). Thanks to the good ol' internet.

Power watching shows is great, finish a season in 4 days depending on it's length. That's how I watched Scrubs , few years ago, 1 episode before work, 2 or 3 that night.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

I don't actually watch a hell of a lot of tv shows anymore.

I do however enjoy an episode of How I Met Your Mother from time to time.

Last series I actually got into was Stargate SG-1 back in the late 90's. *Whoop whoop* Every Friday night.

I watched a shit ton of SG-1

nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Adventure Time and House of Cards spring to mind.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#14 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

My fave Sci-Fi. Love that shit. Once had an SG-1 marathon, missed work because fell asleep and alarm clock mysteriously didn't wake me up.

The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Adventure Time and House of Cards spring to mind.

Game of Thrones is so good. That was definitely the best (and only) thing I was watching for about 4 weeks.

I have the books in a cool case thing (came with books), haven't extracted any of them from the case though. Looks too cool and don't want to wreck it.

I want to watch more Walking Dead but it just got boring in season 2, so I had moved onto other series and just left it behind.

Is House of Cards much good? Wanted to watch it but got busy =(

#15 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

House of Cards is just amazing. I ploughed through the whole thing pronto.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#16 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

The only reality tv I really watch consistently is anything with Gordan Ramsey in it. 

Otherwise I like The Walking Dead, Sleepy Hollow, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Supernatural and Criminal Minds

Check out my blog https://mygeekygirllife.wordpress.com/

Check out my photography on instagram @thegeeklifeblog

#17 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:02 AM

NEEEEERRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!! Jkz

Richard Dean Mcguiyver is the bomb.

However I always saw myself as a Dr Daniel JacksonUltron.

Once the first 3 seasons concluded or when they rescued Skaara the series went to shit.

I catch an old episode here and there on sci-fi from time to time. Still looks legit.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#18 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

SG-1 is great, even Atlantis was okay.

Universe is complete twat shit. I tried watching it once, had to turn it off before nearly gouging out my eyes and stuffing them in my ears.

#19 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

I liked Universe. It was a completely different mindset, but interesting none the less. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#20 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

I quite like the big bang theory.. I also used to enjoy Game of thrones a lot but I read all 5 books after I watched season 3 and now I just don't enjoy watching the show anymore >.>

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry