94 replies to this topic

#41 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

Well, no.  That was punishment for his horrible crimes against humanity.  But the Morse code thing was a delicious and quite tasty "Fuck you."

To be honest it's not much of a fuck you at all really. It's more of a 'remember that under the radar attack you did to genuine American soil? The one that was pretty damn successful?' :P

In terms of facts, the largest change in temperature in the country over a 24 hour period happened in my town. Not very exciting but there you go.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#42 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

To be honest it's not much of a fuck you at all really. It's more of a 'remember that under the radar attack you did to genuine American soil? The one that was pretty damn successful?' 

They won the surprise attack with suicide bombers.  Not a big accomplishment.  We made a massive leap forward in technology and then dropped it on their ass.  Total and complete surrender, no conditions.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#43 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

They won the surprise attack with suicide bombers.  Not a big accomplishment.  We made a massive leap forward in technology and then dropped it on their ass.  Total and complete surrender, no conditions.

Yeah i'm not sure if that's something to be proud of...

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#44 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Yeah i'm not sure if that's something to be proud of...

It totally is.  Do you have any idea how many lives were saved because we didn't do a land war?  How many generations of Americans and Japanese continued on because we had the balls to drop the bomb?

Hell, The Legend of Zelda series may never have happened if we hadn't done that.  Japan doesn't have an Emperor anymore because of our actions.  That's a good thing, man.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#45 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

Yeah you came riding on your golden horse to save the day..

wars are stupid

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#46 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

Yeah you came riding on your golden horse to save the day..

wars are stupid

Wars are the ultimate necessary evil.  They're unavoidable sometimes.  How many more Jews would have died if he hadn't stopped Hitler when we did?  FDR sure didn't give a shit about the Jews, which makes him the ultimate asshole.  (He turned away a boat filled with Jews and sent them back to Europe to certain death.  Yeah, FDR did that.)

#47 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

Violence just calls for more violence and hatred and death

#48 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Violence just calls for more violence and hatred and death

Yeah, and evil doesn't stop unless good people stand up and fight back.

That's just reality.  I make no bones about fancy thinking when it comes to such people.  We decided to do nothing and the North Vietnamese slaughtered the South Vietnamese, destabilized Indochina, led to the rise of Pol Pot in Cambodia, and the Khmer Rouge committed genocide.  And we did nothing.

#49 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

don't misunderstand me i'm not a pacifist.. and I may or may not agree that it is necessary to intervene sometimes but i still don't think that it is something to be proud of

#50 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

don't misunderstand me i'm not a pacifist.. and I may or may not agree that it is necessary to intervene sometimes but i still don't think that it is something to be proud of

Defeating evil and saving the innocent is not something to be ashamed of.

Because...  'Murica.  FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

#51 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

ooooookkkaaaay.. lets just leave it at "we disagree"

#52 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

ooooookkkaaaay.. lets just leave it at "we disagree"

Sure.  *Puts on sunglasses.*

#53 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Sure.  *Puts on sunglasses.*

you're just making it worse

#54 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

you're just making it worse

By being my usual random-ass self?  I ping-pong from serious philosophical discussion to silly on a dime.

I'm absurdist like that.

Just look at my location.  Fun is all I seek here.  Both such discussions fill my fun quotient.

#55 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

By that logic, plenty of countries, and most of the UN, should bomb the shit out of your country because of all the evil it has enacted across the ages.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#56 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

By that logic, plenty of countries, and most of the UN, should bomb the shit out of your country because of all the evil it has enacted across the ages.

Dude, don't start up with the Noam Chomsky musings up in here.

Not up in here.  Spleen doesn't like that kind of nasty sauce around here.

#57 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Meh, it's a fun fact. The United States has the highest ratio regarding years in existence/years at war. Since 1776, the US has been at war for 217 years; Specifically, the US has been at peace for a total of 21 years.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#58 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Meh, it's a fun fact. The United States has the highest ratio regarding years in existence/years at war. Since 1776, the US has been at war for 217 years; Specifically, the US has been at peace for a total of 21 years.

Yeah, because we're the most stable country since 1776.  Not really all that surprising.

Or did I miss the last genocide the American government did of its own people?

Oh, wait, that's never happened.*

*Fun fact!

#59 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

No, you just went to war with yourselves

LL1Yc5i.gif

#60 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

No, you just went to war with yourselves

My best friend in college was a Noam Chomsky fanboy.  I read up a lot on the dude who's been tenured at MIT since before the Vietnam War.  He's got some terrifying things on his resume, honestly.  But he's still considered the "academic's academic."