#22 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

My dad LOVES Being There.

Saying "I like to watch" while a woman is asking him for sex when he's just talking about the TV, which makes her then go all masturbation, as he remains completely oblivious was just the most hilarious scene in that movie, outside of maybe the black female maid pushing him out the door in the beginning and saying something to the effect of women won't like him because of his small penis.

Fun fact:  "Dick Figures: The Movie: The Song" is my favorite Ninja Sex Party song.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#23 Squishy

Squishy

Byte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

Fun Fact: An octopus sees the same thing upside down as right-side up. If it turns on its side or even upside down, the gaze of its eyes will remain fixed in relation to the horizon.

squishysiggy.png

#24 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

Relative to gravity...?

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#25 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Fun Fact: An octopus sees the same thing upside down as right-side up. If it turns on its side or even upside down, the gaze of its eyes will remain fixed in relation to the horizon.

Oh that's so weird but cool at the same time! I wonder how it does that.

#26 Squishy

Squishy

Byte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Oh that's so weird but cool at the same time! I wonder how it does that.

I wonder if it ever forgets.

squishysiggy.png

#27 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

Fun fact:  Chickens taste delicious when deep fried.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#28 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

It's actually a well known fact that you're all wrong and the greatest director is infact Danny Boyle.

#29 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

It's actually a well known fact that you're all wrong and the greatest director is infact Danny Boyle.

Fun fact:  Opinions, like assholes, are great and unique but everybody has them.

(See what I did there?  You know what I'm talkin' about, Sir Mix-A-Lot!  Yeah, you do.)

#30 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

I should be really good at this thread, but ever time I open it my mind goes blank. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#31 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

I should be really good at this thread, but ever time I open it my mind goes blank. 

Just like "the doorway effect".

When you get up off the couch to go get a drink from the kitchen, get to the kitchen, and immediately forget why you got up and went there.

Then you wander back to the couch and see the empty cup that you meant to fill with drink.

Which is an actual psychological condition suffered by many and studied by some.

Only instead of passing though a doorway and forgetting, you are passing through a window to the internet.

I just wrapped a fun fact around your lack of fun fact and made it all better.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#32 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

My mind is like a perpetual motion superball in a labyrinth.  There's a definite beginning and end, but I ping pong between so many tangential thoughts that it may take a while to get there.

In short, there's a lot of random facts in my Mind Palace.

#33 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

Same, I know I have some facts in the back of my mind that I keep for conversation starters, but I can never remember them when I open this thread and want to contribute.

#34 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Give it time ye of absent minds.

Random facts always come around sooner or later.

When I was working at a Swiss Chalet in Barrie, I had a running bet with all of the take-out girls that they couldn't throw a random subject at me and catch me without a piece of knowledge on the subject of their choosing.

I worked there for three years, undefeated.

I proposed this challenge to them because I had some knowledge and wanted it tested daily to keep me fresh and force me to learn new things constantly to keep up with any possible subject that may come my way. Nothing sharpens the mind quite like the fear of not knowing the answer to someone's question.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#35 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

Random fact I love: General Tojo, the man who instigated the assault on Pearl Harbour, was arrested for war crimes by the United States. Whilst in their care, an American dentist made Tojo a new set of dentures, as his old ones were crappy, apparently. And upon the new dentures, the phrase "remember Pearl Harbour" was etched into them in Morse code.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#36 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Random fact I love: General Tojo, the man who instigated the assault on Pearl Harbour, was arrested for war crimes by the United States. Whilst in their care, an American dentist made Tojo a new set of dentures, as his old ones were crappy, apparently. And upon the new dentures, the phrase "remember Pearl Harbour" was etched into them in Morse code.

That's a brilliant "Fuck you" to him.

#37 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

No, I think his execution was the real "fuck you".

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#38 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

No, I think his execution was the real "fuck you".

Well, no.  That was punishment for his horrible crimes against humanity.  But the Morse code thing was a delicious and quite tasty "Fuck you."

#39 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

Slumdog Millionaire was a great movie, Trainspotting was okay ... but still

Stanley Kubrick, Charlie Chaplin ... 2 of the best directors, who also happen to be deceased.

James Cameron is worth a mention for Terminator 1, 2, Titanic, Rambo, Aliens. But Avatar is shit, and I hope the sequels are no good.

#40 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Slumdog Millionaire was a great movie, Trainspotting was okay ... but still

Stanley Kubrick, Charlie Chaplin ... 2 of the best directors, who also happen to be deceased.

James Cameron is worth a mention for Terminator 1, 2, Titanic, Rambo, Aliens. But Avatar is shit, and I hope the sequels are no good.

Amen on that, brotha.

Can I get an Amen?