5 replies to this topic

#1 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

Loading Ready Run is a Canadian comedy troupe that have been doing a weekly skit for a decade now.  For their final season (the cost and time took away from their other myriad projects) of sketches, they decided to go out with a bang.  So, they launched a Kickstarter.  Your humble correspondent is one of those backers.  There were many additional things they promised to do, including an Iron Stomach Challenge with backer-given ingredients (blended and then drunk.)  Their final sketch hits the Internet for the public this Monday.  They've always finished in time (never missed a single Monday in a decade, seriously,) but this final one will be crunch time.  They've already said they'll probably be filming until at least Sunday.

One of the additional things is to get tennis balls launched at them.  Tennis balls with the backers' names on them.  Over 250 of them.  Balls, that is.  30 or so each fired at 8 LRR members.

Here it is:

And because they're Canadian, there's also an Apology Counter.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#2 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

As long as their not taking money to make a potato salad its fine

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#3 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

As long as their not taking money to make a potato salad its fine

I've backed like 80 projects on Kickstarter, only five of which didn't go to reach their funding goal (although two were cancelled of those five.)

I back a lot of video game and comic book/graphic novel projects.  In fact, I'm wearing a Doc Unknown T-shirt right now!

I backed Shovel KnightProject Giana, Broken Sword 5Volgarr the VikingDefault Dan, and many others.

I think only one of the projects I backed basically stole the money.  A beat 'em up that was gonna be released at an anime convention in August 2013.  Not a single update after the funding goal was reached. Those bastards used LittleKuriboh's name and everything and clearly just took the money and ran.

If you're wondering, this project:

https://www.kickstar...m-up-video-game

Apparently, the president of the anime convention is seeking legal action against these guys.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#4 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

That's a good ratio 75/80 but sucks about those five that did not go through.

Im really hesitant about kickstarters and indiegogo, I've backed them for some friends 

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

I backed Sword of Asumi. That's it. Too lazy to back more >.>

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

That's a good ratio 75/80 but sucks about those five that did not go through.

Im really hesitant about kickstarters and indiegogo, I've backed them for some friends 

I only back on IndieGoGo when somebody I really like has a project there.  Oh, and that Power Mitt project.  That's just awesome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Loading Ready Run, Sorry, DO IT FOR THE VINE, Kickstarter