Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Are you a ginger?

Nope.

So I started out in the positive.

Oh if only Dr. Robert Casio was here to show us his collection of human hair.

I think our soul gathering is a bit more sophisticated.

Souls have power (potentially, I'm still waiting on some tests to come back in), hair has, uhh, fibre maybe?

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#42 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

Multiple souls makes you awesome

Ginger, is the spice of life

#43 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

Multiple souls makes you awesome

Well I haven't felt any different since I accumulated them.

So it might be like a background effect that I don't notice, but everything is a little extra awesome.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#44 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

I think our soul gathering is a bit more sophisticated.

I don't think anything related to souls can be considered sophisticated somehow.

#45 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Don't tell that to Gwyn, Lord of Cinder....

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#46 midnightblue

midnightblue

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

Dr Who autographs, it started completely by accident and now I feel it may as well continue being a thing.  And books I guess if the fact that I keep buying them counts as collecting.  What I'd really like to collect is lego but I have neither the funds nor the space (specifically space away from small hands) to do so.

I do have one spare soul which I won off my friend in a game of cards, I'm keeping it in case I should ever need to make a pact with the devil.

#47 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Dr Who autographs, it started completely by accident and now I feel it may as well continue being a thing.  And books I guess if the fact that I keep buying them counts as collecting.  What I'd really like to collect is lego but I have neither the funds nor the space (specifically space away from small hands) to do so.

I do have one spare soul which I won off my friend in a game of cards, I'm keeping it in case I should ever need to make a pact with the devil.

Oh that's so cool! Have you ever had one signed personally, like have you met anyone from the show?

#48 midnightblue

midnightblue

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Oh that's so cool! Have you ever had one signed personally, like have you met anyone from the show?

Yep, mostly classic who though!  The only new Who I've met in person was Noel Clarke who was really lovely!  But I recently got to meet Wlliam Russell who played Ian Chesterton and that made my year (more so than Sylvester McCoy but shh!)

#49 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

I don't think anything related to souls can be considered sophisticated somehow.

Depending on your stance on souls, they could possibly be the source of all things sophisticated.

Everything complex and skilled that we have as a species comes from somewhere.

If that source turns out to be soul power, then I want to be ahead of the game.

I too collect books with a ravenous hunger that I don't think will ever be satiated.

As for the Lego, check out their website.

You can buy individual bricks of any shape and colour at a fraction of the price you would spend in store.

Then you just need to build a secret Lego room to avoid small hands and away you go.

#50 Benihime

Benihime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationDee. Eff. Dub.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

Shoes.
Skylanders.
image-54.jpg

#51 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

I think I wrote this before.. but books is also something I collect. I also collect tea and mugs. But I lost my favorite one.. Pack Man come back to meeeee  :(

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#52 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

I collect kids..

Ginger, is the spice of life

#53 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Don't mind me, just gunna make a quick call to the police.

#54 midnightblue

midnightblue

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

I forgot my buddhas, mostly because I've stopped collecting them and too many were damaged by small hands.  I can buy more now he's old enough to understand the concept "don't touch mummy's stuff!"

#55 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

I collect data. I have this weird not-so-serious habit of downloading things, mostly tv series and movies, music, e-books, programs, games, operating systems etc, storing and never deleting them. I'm not even sure that's considered a collection thing. But a while ago a 'stepped back' and thought about wtf I was doing. Concluded that it's harmless and the only part that could see me in trouble is the copyright/piracy issue. Yar.

12TB of HDD's later, plus the backup copies, 24TB of disk space not including SSD's.

It's harmless though, right?

I can buy more now he's old enough to understand the concept "don't touch mummy's stuff!"

Adults also exercise the 'I'm just gonna look with my hands' concept.

Curiosity is a must, but really, people have no self control. When strangers think they can touch your pets, like your dog when walking it. 

I can't imagine how mothers of newborns feel when in public.

#56 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

I collect data. I have this weird not-so-serious habit of downloading things, mostly tv series and movies, music, e-books, programs, games, operating systems etc, storing and never deleting them. I'm not even sure that's considered a collection thing. But a while ago a 'stepped back' and thought about wtf I was doing. Concluded that it's harmless and the only part that could see me in trouble is the copyright/piracy issue. Yar.

12TB of HDD's later, plus the backup copies, 24TB of disk space not including SSD's.

Oh man, you reminded me I love collecting data, but like data about my life. I've thought about buying a fitbit wriststrap just to have all that cool data at my fingertips, sleeping patterns, how many steps I take on average, etc. I use MyFitnessPal to track calories and my weight, and it's really cool to see the direct correlation between weight and calorie consumption.

I also had a prof who took points of how much she spent on gas every time she went to fill up. She recorded the price on her receipt it over a couple of years and showed it to us in class (a probability class, go figure) on a couple Matlab graphs, you can see the price of gas go up and down and can see certain historical events based on price spikes and stuff.

#57 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

Adults also exercise the 'I'm just gonna look with my hands' concept.

Curiosity is a must, but really, people have no self control. When strangers think they can touch your pets, like your dog when walking it. 

I can't imagine how mothers of newborns feel when in public.

I don't feel so bad about the 4TB or so I have right now, though I do need to expand. >.>

Also, realized today that I have a habit of collecting nuts, bolts and screws. I never throw the extras away, they always get tossed in my tool bag, pocket or something.

I'm also starting to get a very small selection of nifty glasses going as well. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#58 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

I don't feel so bad about the 4TB or so I have right now, though I do need to expand. >.>

Also, realized today that I have a habit of collecting nuts, bolts and screws. I never throw the extras away, they always get tossed in my tool bag, pocket or something.

I'm also starting to get a very small selection of nifty glasses going as well. 

A buddy of mine has filled several hard drives with movies, shows, games, and random useful software.

He is somewhere around ten TB in total, he has such a productive habit.

Nuts, bolts and screws are forever useful.

There will always be a day when you need some random, mismatched construction tools and there they are, ripe for the using.

If half of your glasses collection is as cool as the last pair you posted on here, hot damn.

#59 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

I could easily fill more with movies and music I feel, but thus far it's all stuff that's actually relevant and things I watch/listen to/use.

Right now I've just got the trigun glasses and the ancient safety glasses. I'm looking to expand though. The birth of a collection, you might say. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#60 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

It is always a wondrous day when a new niche is discovered in your brain.

When the apocalypse comes about you and your posse are going to look super badass with all your kickass shades.