25 replies to this topic

#21 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

I found it pretty good, the main trio of protagonists are likable and they've got good chemistry. I like Kylo as a villain. Some people have said that it's basically just A New Hope, but I don't think it's a bad thing, the familiar narrative structure helped them make a good film and hopefully a springboard to jump into some new territory in the sequel.

I agree.

I think Rey was especially likable. I didn't realize this, but I was recently checking out some of the billions of Star Wars merch at my local Target and Wal-mart and I noticed...none of it has Rey on it. I found one poster of her. That's literally it. I guess as my girlfriend pointed out that's a huge complaint online too. I guess back in the day Leia didn't get much love either.

There was a ton of fresh Vader and Boba Fett merch though.

#22 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

She did once she got her jugs out.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#23 EmeraldPhysics

EmeraldPhysics

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

I didn't really even care about this movie, until now.

I'm a little ashamed to admit I'm really looking forward to this.

why?

#24 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

I didn't like Rey simply because she was too powerful. She had no experience as a jedi. She had never gone through training, yet she was more powerful than Kylo Ren. He had gone through extensive training throughout his entire life.

#25 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

I think I got so heated in a conversation when we went to go see a late showing of it that when it passed midnight, and we were all arguing, I forgot it was my birthday. I guess I liked it so much that I put Star Wars before my own birthday. 

Can't wait for the next one. Pretty excited for Rogue One, which I haven't seen a topic for yet.

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#26 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

I need to do a little more research into Rogue One. It seems interesting though. Also, feel free to make topics you don't see. :P

nmjUGDL.jpg