27 replies to this topic

#21 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

Ignoring the emotionally charged argument above, I'm just gonna throw in the point that there was no cross examination at the cop's trial. Literally none. How can it therefore be considered anything but a show trial?

We also see from the hospital reports that Darren Brown sustained no physical injuries and yet Brown stated he was punched in the face twice. He also compared Mike Brown to Hulk Hogan. Major discrepancy here.

The cross examination being of the defense side, which would be Wilson's side.  A grand jury is a prosecutor's playground.  The prosecutor probably looked over the evidence and saw little chance of an indictment coming out of it, but put it to the grand jury for the purpose of CYA.  Lots of arrests never lead to the "let's get an indictment" stage because many prosecutors utilize discretion.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

This is about how this reads to me at this point.

L5yeohH.jpg

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

Well...that's kind of the point. The riots aren't the focus. Riots happen in America every year over trivial things like the outcome of the Super Bowl. They barely make more than local news. Focusing on the riots not only detracts from the more salient issue, it also proves that the strong media bias is working. Let's not forget that for the most part, many news stations haven't tried to distinguish what groups are actually the ones rioting. They'd much rather tar all the minority groups in Ferguson with the same brush.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#24 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Well...that's kind of the point. The riots aren't the focus. Riots happen in America every year over trivial things like the outcome of the Super Bowl. They barely make more than local news. Focusing on the riots not only detracts from the more salient issue, it also proves that the strong media bias is working. Let's not forget that for the most part, many news stations haven't tried to distinguish what groups are actually the ones rioting. They'd much rather tar all the minority groups in Ferguson with the same brush.

A large contingent of the rioters and looters in Ferguson seem to be non-locals.  I don't know what fraction are, but I'd hazard a guess of at least 20%.

It's the duration, size, and damage inflicted by the riot that needs to be measured to figure out if the riot is bigger than the "normal" riot.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#25 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

http://meadowsandpea...as-the-national

Here is some great physical evidence that conveys the extent of some previous riots instigated by trivial matters that look comparable or in excess of the damage seen at Ferguson.

#26 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

Implying two wrongs make a right?

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#27 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:01 AM

No, not at all.

#28 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

Ok, good. :P

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”