Satellite image map of Avatar world

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 King Koi

King Koi

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWhat are you a stalker or something?

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

I've always thought it'd be cool to create a map of the Avatar: The Last Airbender world like the kind of composite satellite image you see on Google Maps. I started this project a while ago then stopped, and I only recently started back up again. It is far from complete

Most of it was made by taking chunks of real Earth and pasting them onto the Avatar map, then editing them around to look nice. Recently, I've been trying out drawing it from scratch. The peninsula at the south coast of Chameleon Bay was made entirely from scratch (still working on it). Ba Sing Se was made mostly from scratch as well (still looks weird). The poles were made by drawing on pictures of Antarctica. I think they turned out quite nicely. The Shi Wong Desert is the Sahara and I can't remember where the northwestern Earth Kingdom came from. Perhaps western Canada or Europe.

Full size image: http://image.wikifou...deb434d851a0e50

I can't seem to get it to post right and Imgur is broken for me, so I just gave you the link instead. Sorry.

#2 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

Kuvira had a big map at the back of her with all the nations that have yet to be conquered. Pretty neat.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#3 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'm just glad to see we have another amateur cartographer in our midst. >w>

I don't feel so lonely any more.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.