31 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

This is reality for so many people I've known.

I can't believe that this is fucking 2014 and this shit is happening every day in my country. My country, specifically, because it seems to pride (lol) itself on being "free" and all that shit.

This was posted on the 27th of August.

The fuck is the matter with people.

WHY'S IT ALWAYS FUCKING "GOD" THIS AND "THE BIBLE SAYS" THAT? HOW COME IT'S NEVER "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR" OR "THOU SHALT NOT BE A TOTAL DICKHEAD"?

I shouldn't watch this shit; I get too angry.

I... Just...
Why?

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#2 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

I feel like I've missed some important information here...

Because I can...

#3 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

I was hoping no one saw that. I posted the wrong URL.  Heh, heh...

#4 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

People get scared when faced with diversity.
Religion isn't really the problem, it's the sanctimonious attitude of the "faithful".

This kind of behaviour makes me feel ill. But while this still happens, the generation growing up seems to be more accepting and tolerable to new ideas.

It's impossible to change the ideas of anyone without them wanting to.
So unless we kill all the people who aren't willing to be constantly enlightened, things like this will always happen, as they've always happened in human history.

Because I can...

#5 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

I know that religion isn't the problem; it's the crutch the weak and ignorant use in this situation.

I just... I don't get it. It's just so damn stupid.

#6 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

I just realized that I'm probably preaching to the choir here.

#7 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Whelp. Damn. Guess I'm not going to tell my parents I'm bi. Gosh, this video has scared the crap out of me...

tumblr_n98h1pNiU71qkw2uho1_500.gif

#8 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

The family mentions a lot of drama leading up to that, so I'm honestly curious if some of their anger wasn't justified in some degree (not that it makes the disowning ok and definitely not attacking him, verbally and physically).

No matter how wrong people are, sometimes they're just set in their ways. I'm sure you've had a disagreement with someone before where it's obvious how ignorant their thoughts on an issue are, no amount of convincing is going to change their mind.

These people believe that at the end of their life they're either going to be in the eternal love of their savior or you will spend eternity in the physical pain of being burned alive and the emotional trauma of knowing you had the opportunity to avoid it by making "better" choices while you were on Earth. Being gay in their mind is automatically sending them to the same place as Hitler. She even says "god doesn't make anyone gay" - she thinks it's a culmination of his choices, which are dependent on how he was raised. The parents blame themselves that their child is going to spend eternity suffering.

That being said, the entire fucking thing is very clearly insane. I feel really bad for the kid, but I also feel bad that the parents are that brainwashed about a man in the sky that they're going to push their own child away. He honestly sounds better off without them anyway though.

#9 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

I don't believe it's a choice, but I don't believe you're born with it either. I mean, I'm highly religious, but even I don't believe anyone that is gay is going straight to hell, since they haven't technically done anything wrong yet.

It's when you act upon your feelings that you have sinned, but even then you can repent.

Gosh I'm sounding slightly odd, but that's what i believe.

#10 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

I don't believe it's a choice, but I don't believe you're born with it either. I mean, I'm highly religious, but even I don't believe anyone that is gay is going straight to hell, since they haven't technically done anything wrong yet.

It's when you act upon your feelings that you have sinned, but even then you can repent.

From a religious standpoint, the sheer existence of a homosexual is an automatic one-way ticket to the big firepit under the planet. From a religious standpoint, it is wrong. Similar to babies. Until they're baptised, they are not considered to be true Christians, and are therefore cast into Hell should they die before being accepted into the faith.

So, yeah. Not doing anything wrong doesn't stop you being a sinner. 

Love and peace, though. God loves you, even if he's the one setting you on fire.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#11 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

My standpoint is that if you put a naked guy in front of me no amount of convincing is going to make me turned on by him. It just doesn't do anything for me, whether I would want it to or not.

Just out of curiosity what religion to you identify as? Sounds catholic but I'm not positive.

#12 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

The family mentions a lot of drama leading up to that, so I'm honestly curious if some of their anger wasn't justified in some degree (not that it makes the disowning ok and definitely not attacking him, verbally and physically).

Emo, what precicely do you mean? Like, how could it be "justififed"? His dad yells at him for posting shit on FB and then when the son calls him on it, the father's all like, "I dunno, nevermind..."

It seems like just blind, ignorant anger. Like, even from a completely objective standpoint, how do they have a leg to stand on?

#13 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

Love and peace, though. God loves you, even if he's the one setting you on fire.

My feelings on religion in two sentences.

#14 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

Haha, sorry, not catholic. I'm not trying to start any debate here over if gays sin or not.

I'm from the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints. We believe that you don't have to be babtised till 8 years old, and if you die before that, you automatically go to the highest level in heaven. And we believe it's REALLY hard to get into hell.

You would have to know that christ lives, and all the church docterine, and then still deny him (Like, siding with a friend, when you know the other is right).

So basically, Hitler is still in heaven, but in the lowest point in existance. It's kind of hard to explain, but we have three levels of heaven. As long as you do what is right (and that means being virtuous), being gay doesn't mean you're a bad person. It doesn't mean you are a demon, and it certainly does NOT mean you automatically go to hell.

#15 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Edit: I'm a mormon, and no, I don't have horns. Stop asking that, random people of the internet.

#16 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

From a religious standpoint, the sheer existence of a homosexual is an automatic one-way ticket to the big firepit under the planet. From a religious standpoint, it is wrong. Similar to babies. Until they're baptised, they are not considered to be true Christians, and are therefore cast into Hell should they die before being accepted into the faith.

So, yeah. Not doing anything wrong doesn't stop you being a sinner. 

It really depends on the religion, though. In non denominational Christianity and some denominations (and other religions I'm not sure on) I'm sure it is the belief, but there are denominations where that isn't the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the belief is that we're all born with sin, but being a sinner is different than having sin. And as far as babies dying in Christianity, that's not the case. I don't want to bust out a bible to find the verses but there's some baby loophole in there.

And really, their belief isn't that god is sending you to hell. You just can't be saved if you don't meet Jesus halfway.

Not that I'm religious, I'm not, nor do I believe - just don't want to be unfair to it either though.

#17 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Whelp. Damn. Guess I'm not going to tell my parents I'm bi. Gosh, this video has scared the crap out of me...

Personally, my parents were fine with me being bi. It was the trans thing that nearly came to blows.

#18 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the belief is that we're all born with sin, but being a sinner is different than having sin. And as far as babies dying in Christianity, that's not the case. I don't want to bust out a bible to find the verses but there's some baby loophole in there.

No, there isn't. That's the fucked-up thing.

#19 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Emo, what precicely do you mean? Like, how could it be "justififed"? His dad yells at him for posting shit on FB and then when the son calls him on it, the father's all like, "I dunno, nevermind..."

It seems like just blind, ignorant anger. Like, even from a completely objective standpoint, how do they have a leg to stand on?

Don't get me wrong, his family sounds like meth cooking bible thumping redneck pieces of trash, but there are two sides to every coin. His family is complete shit, I'm just saying we don't know the whole story to at least make the family's feelings a little more understandable.

#20 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

It really depends on the religion, though. In non denominational Christianity and some denominations (and other religions I'm not sure on) I'm sure it is the belief, but there are denominations where that isn't the case.

And really, their belief isn't that god is sending you to hell. You just can't be saved if you don't meet Jesus halfway.

Not that I'm religious, I'm not, nor do I believe - just don't want to be unfair to it either though.

Yeah, it depends on which particular version of Christianity we're talking about. Which is kinda fucked up in itself. Roman Catholicism just... doesn't know. They used to say the unbaptized went to limbo, but that got shot in the dick because there's no scripture or anything that references that particular avenue. They've had various popes release clarification on what happens to unbaptized babies, which have all been different standpoints. Some sects believe they go to Heaven. Traditionalist Catholicism holds the belief that the unbaptized go to hell, be they baby or adult.

But, yeah. Unrepentant sinners go to Hell. I'd assume babies fell under that by virtue of not having the moral compass to actually understand sin at a base level, or something.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”