• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

Less Than A Week in and I'm enjoying Destiny so far despite some little things/grips that I have, anyone else play the game and can offer more of a critique?

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#2 Indecent_Adventures

Indecent_Adventures

Byte

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationMichagen

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

I play the crap out of this game I personally think it's awesome the updates actually are adding new things into the game as well as fixing bugs and such can't wait for the dlc to come out but in means of critique destiny is the ultimate troll examples are some of the achievements can't be done until a specific time or a certain merchant that only shows up everyone in a great while it hides the collectible sat locations that can't be accessed until certain updates (or even until the dlc comes out) but other then being a superb troll it's still a really good game

200.gif

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

The bro bought it so we we're jamming it harty on his xboxone!!!!

A bit repetitive but I really enjoyed the gliding double jump aspect to the game.

Learnt to jump over bosses and keep jumping back and fourth and take out those reaper fucks. So much fun.

It's like Halo x Mass Effect

I didn't mind it but I wouldn't buy a new console just to play this game.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

So I'm currently a level 3 hunter. >.>

It's fun so far. I have to get used to the controller because it feels really sluggish and unpolished compared to a mouse, but thus far I'm doing good.

Also, learned that start does not pause the game. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

It's an MMO, of course it doesn't :P

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

I heard it basically didn't live up to the massive hype it had.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#7 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

It's an MMO, of course it doesn't :P

It's a FPS, it should. >.>

I heard it basically didn't live up to the massive hype it had.

It's a very solid game, everyone was just expecting it to be better than Halo.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#8 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

As someone who didn't hear the hype, not living up to it is fine by me. It's a good, fun shooter with a solid PVP aspect, and the fact I can use my landspeeder thing to kill other players in the overworld is wonderful.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#9 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

As someone who didn't hear the hype, not living up to it is fine by me. It's a good, fun shooter with a solid PVP aspect, and the fact I can use my landspeeder thing to kill other players in the overworld is wonderful.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of shooters generally.  FPS have a paint-by-numbers reputation these days.  And while Destiny might be nice, I don't have the desire to play it.  Maybe if it goes on sale used on Gamestop, I'll pick it up.  I still haven't played my complete complete edition of Skyrim much beyond the first quest or two.  I bought that shit new, which is my dilemma.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Destiny is worth the buy if it is on the cheap.

Definitely not long enough main story wise, but a pretty solid romp gameplay wise.

Dude, get your ass on that Skyrim thing.

I have played four or five characters to the maximum level possible, yet every time I did there were missions, people, weapons and treasures that I never encountered on previous play throughs. It is a pretty amazing experience in gaming.

If you want to feel like an unstoppable murder machine, I highly suggest the following setup:

Argonian (because forever water breathing is the best, and the tail looks ballin in Deadric armour)

Heavy armour

sword & shield

Bow

Then do the Oghma Infinium glitch to max out your level, boost your health up to 300, leave your magic where it is, the rest of the points go in to stamina for carrying capacity and fighting reserves, take advantage of the fortify smithing enchentment and fortify smithing potions to ramrod your heavy armour and other desired skills through the goddamn ceiling and then proceed to Dragonborn the shit out of anything and everything that crosses your path.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Definitely not long enough main story wise, but a pretty solid romp gameplay wise.

I have played four or five characters to the maximum level possible, yet every time I did there were missions, people, weapons and treasures that I never encountered on previous play throughs. It is a pretty amazing experience in gaming.

If you want to feel like an unstoppable murder machine, I highly suggest the following setup:

Argonian (because forever water breathing is the best, and the tail looks ballin in Deadric armour)

Heavy armour

sword & shield

Bow

Then do the Oghma Infinium glitch to max out your level, boost your health up to 300, leave your magic where it is, the rest of the points go in to stamina for carrying capacity and fighting reserves, take advantage of the fortify smithing enchentment and fortify smithing potions to ramrod your heavy armour and other desired skills through the goddamn ceiling and then proceed to Dragonborn the shit out of anything and everything that crosses your path.

I only play games rarely and when I have time.  Which is why my Indie title cavalcade on Steam from two Yogscast charity drives and Kickstarter is keeping me satiated.

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

Understandable.

Seriously though, if you get the time to play Skyrim, do it up.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Understandable.

Seriously though, if you get the time to play Skyrim, do it up.

Honestly, the next big time sink is gonna be the new Saints Row game.  Basically, it's Painkiller with Johnny Gat and in third person.  And open world.

That's just fuckin' awesome.

#14 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

I have sampled every Saint's Row game and have been left wanting every time.

Even the most recent one feels really clunky and unrefined.

#15 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

I have sampled every Saint's Row game and have been left wanting every time.

Even the most recent one feels really clunky and unrefined.

They're made with consoles in mind.  Most open world gangster games are.

Saints Row 2 had a terrible PC port, if I recall correctly.  The one on the PS3 ran so much more smoothly.

#16 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

I played them all on console.

They were just very unimpressive compared to the other gangster related games I had previously enjoyed.

#17 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

I'm slowly starting to master not crashing my landspeeder at max speed. >.>

Heavy armour

sword & shield

Bow

I picked it up for $40, but I'm a long time Bungie fan. Not just Halo, but the Marathon series as well. I'm not disappointed, but it is very clunky compared to PC shooters. 

Also, for Skyrim, there are only two ways to go. Big ass Nord with a big ass hammer, or tiny elf with enough sneak and bow to one shot everything in game. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#18 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

Lizard. Wizard.

#19 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

Also, for Skyrim, there are only two ways to go. Big ass Nord with a big ass hammer, or tiny elf with enough sneak and bow to one shot everything in game. 

I have a buddy that always goes big scary Nord with a big scary hammer.

It is a good show.

I have been Argonian since Morrowind, so I am honour bound to rock that lizard shit quite rightly.

My second favourite build is an Dunmer mage, then third is a Bosmer rocking heavy armour and a battle axe.

The Bosmer makes me laugh because a tiny little woodland elf wearing Daedric armour and wielding a kick ass monster battle axe is exactly the opposite of the stealthy archer that the race supports best.

#20 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

The only ways I play Skyrim are either the cat race I downloaded, or the temptress. >_>

LL1Yc5i.gif