• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stackcollision

stackcollision

Byte

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

In order to get ready for the humans vs zombies game I just returned from, my friend and I spend a week building this in our machine shop: a bolt action, shell ejecting, gas powered nerf sniper rifle. It's so long it needs to be carried in two parts.

Posted Image

The co2/HPA cannister is not attached here. The propellant passes through the low-pressure regulator (which takes it down to around 20-30 PSI), and into the expansion chamber. The shell is loaded into the breach and the bolt is locked forward using the handle. The smaller red handle near the back is the trigger. After the dart is fired, you rack the bolt to eject the shell through the bottom of the reciever.

It makes the most satisfying whump in the world when you fire it. And the shell makes a nice clack when you eject it.

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

That's awesome. >.> I see you're using the sprinkler valve potato cannon method.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 stackcollision

stackcollision

Byte

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yes, it was the most responsive, fastest-opening valve we could find for the least money.

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

They work really good. I made a golf ball shooter with one before. Also, if you search around here, there should be a guide to make them work even better for things like this (though I'm not sure what difference it'll make at that low of pressure) http://www.spudfiles.com/
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 besterich27

besterich27

Byte

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Wow thats awesome.. How much does it cost? xD Im willing to pay more then 50 Euros for that epicosity.
Posted ImageLuving mah doggy for dayzzahh... weekzzahh... monthzahhh... yearzzahhh... centruiezzahhh...

#6 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Airsoft sniper rifles are the best, though :3

Once you get used to the odd fact that they drop upwards...

but that looks pretty neat, you should make a more compact version