30 replies to this topic

#1 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSouthern America

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Did you watch it? Will you? What did you think?

Oh good! My favorite show...

giphy.gif

#2 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

My mom and I are equally appalled. Like, violently opposed to the current design.

No thank you.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#3 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

I need to stop hijacking threads with anti Michael Bay rants, but....

It's being produced by Michael Bay. 

Yuck.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#4 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Wait.

Sorry, what? You couldn't have just said what the fuck I think you just said, so politely repeat that please.

No, wait, that IS what you said?

Aliens.

Aliens?

FUCKING ALIENS?!

#5 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Fortunately, they ditched the moronic "Aliens" and "Colonel Schraeder" Plot... they actually make fun of that idea in the trailer.

giphy.gif

#6 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Did they? Are you sure? Are you absolutely certain?

#7 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Well, I haven't seen the film, but since they make fun of the concept in the trailers, it would be PRETTY DUMB for them to go forward with it.

Besides, it looks like Shredder is a cyborg, from the clips I have seen.

giphy.gif

#8 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Totally okay with Cyborg Shredder.

#9 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

Honestly I think it looks stupid. My fiance is taking my son for his 7th birthday. I really think it looks unappealing to. The trailers speak enough for me. My son has seen the original TMNT movies and loves them. Knows their names to colors and personality type. I hope he likes it. But no way.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#10 DolphFungren

DolphFungren

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Did they? Are you sure? Are you absolutely certain?

They did make them turtles for a fact. So no matter how bad......at least turtles.

Also a lot of people actually said it was surprisingly good. (I dont trust it. Johnny Knoxville, Megan Fox, and Thad Castle!? Please...)

batman_003_01.jpg

#11 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Personally, I don't think TMNT deserves all the hate it's getting. It's just a film, and it doesn't change the series, etc. There have been many films and animated series before, not to mention a shitload of comics published. They're called multiverses, and I'm all up for multiverses. It's always great to see characters you're a fan of to appear in different designs and stories, etc. If you don't like it, don't watch it, simple as that. 

But you can tell the great amount of work that's been thrown into this film, and I for one plan to enjoy every bit of it, even if at credits I regret paying for it. It's just a contribution to the series. Sure, there are good contributions, and then there are terrible pieces of shit, like Dragonball Evolution, which fucked up the series-- only not really, because it didn't change anything, it was just a film. They made a shit film, but the series remained intact. Same with X-Men, even tho I've loved all the movies, with Days Of Future Past being my favorite thus far. They don't necessarily change the direction of the original content, and are just creations to contribute to the fandom-- to please the fans and hopefully profit from it.

Same with books and what not. They're just contributions to the fandom and shouldn't be taken as something that will in the end change the direction and concept of the original series. 

Saying things like "OH I've watched the original series and this is a piece of shit!" really fucking pisses me off. If you're an actual fan, you'll watch it anyways, and critique it properly instead of hating it before you even see it. It's fine to dislike it and such, but because it follows a different story and they look different, you're gonna start dissing it? Oh please. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#12 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

*eye roll*

#13 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

*eye roll*

Excuse me? How about you make a constructive reply instead of "rolling your eyes". 

Zi9JkgO.gif

#14 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

You're correct, changes can be good, and the 2003 TMNT series process that by changing Shredder into an ultrom.

My issue comes from my critical view of Michael Bay. He claims these rights to films, and changes them to not be about the source material, or the main characters. Transformers wasn't about the robots, it was about his own original characters. I truly hope the reviews are wrong, that the primary focus is the turtles, and that Megan Fox isn't just another take on Shia Lebouffs character.

giphy.gif

#15 DolphFungren

DolphFungren

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Saying things like "OH I've watched the original series and this is a piece of shit!" really fucking pisses me off. If you're an actual fan, you'll watch it anyways, and critique it properly instead of hating it before you even see it. It's fine to dislike it and such, but because it follows a different story and they look different, you're gonna start dissing it? Oh please. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of a thing called opinions. Because, god forbid, someone on the internet have on right? I have seen the original series. I have seen the newer remakes of it. The past movies. I own the toys. I have paintings. I am a fan. And I am still staying this movie LOOKS terrible. I really hope that I am wrong, that maybe something blows me away, but it damn sure isn't the actors / voice actors, and it damn sure isn't Michael Bay. 

batman_003_01.jpg

#16 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of a thing called opinions. Because, god forbid, someone on the internet have on right? I have seen the original series. I have seen the newer remakes of it. The past movies. I own the toys. I have paintings. I am a fan. And I am still staying this movie LOOKS terrible. I really hope that I am wrong, that maybe something blows me away, but it damn sure isn't the actors / voice actors, and it damn sure isn't Michael Bay. 

Never did I say not to have an opinion. In fact I said it was fine to dislike it afterwards. All I said was not to judge it without watching it first. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

#17 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Another thing to add; while we haven't seen the film, we do know the works of the producer and director. That adds to our critical feelings towards the film.

A good example is when M. Night Shamilan took on The Last Airbender. Even the writers knew what would happen. (See the final lines in the season 3 episode: The Ember Island Players)

giphy.gif

#18 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

I rolled my eyes because I too felt like I was told not to have an opinion on it. I am not interested in it, just like there are probably movies you aren't interested in by seeing a trailer.

Also I feel like I was just scolded.. haha "don't roll your eyes at me" 26 and still being scolded, I feel like a teen

#19 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

The thing that pisses me off is the constant instance on reboots, remakes and sequels. Bay cares about nothing more than money, and I refuse to watch his movies.

Also, saying that "it's just a movie" is short sighted. These things take thousands of people to make, who's effort could be better put towards something new. 

Michael Bay embodies everything that is wrong with Hollywood.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#20 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Just another vain attempt at milking the franchise.

I predict that this film is going to be a travesty. lol

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???