• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cheffu_Chan

Cheffu_Chan

Byte

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Any one have it? I'm planning on getting it, I want to see if it's worth the money. Also does anyone know any games similar to this? 

#2 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

Was that the one that came out August last year or so? I bought it because I have a bunch of friends who do MMOs and they all bought it too. I played for maybe a month. It was a whole lot of fun, but I don't have the focus or the time for MMOs.

You can solo the game and only pick up parties for boss fights and other big quests. The system they have for picking up parties was decent, and I'm sure they've worked out the flaws since then. I have some damn fun memories of dungeon crawls. There isn't a voice chat system in place, or wasn't then, so we used Skype and chatter-something in our guild. I joined with the aforementioned friends and their buddies from Wow and Lol and a whole bunch of other MMOs I don't play. They were all nice people. And most of the ones I met in game were too. I subscribed to the subreddit and met people there, too. Also good for finding out when the server was scheduled to update.

I played Ultima online and Runescape back in middle school, but this was the only MMO I'd played in about ten years or so. Easy to jump into, not as complicated as the last Final Fantasy MMO, or so my buddies say. I played THR/BLKM and had a whole lot of fun. DPS is my style. The crafting system is good too. You don't just mindlessly craft, it has a minigame of sorts.

If you're okay with a monthly subscription, go ahead. 15$ isn't anything bad, but I could see it bugging you. Plus, I think it was 60$ new, but you get one month free. If you are gonna commit some time, do it, but I always thought, 'I could be writing right now,' and could never sit for too long.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:44 AM

Looks cool but my computer is already full of junk at the moment. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Looks cool but my computer is already full of junk at the moment. 

Hahahha it sounded like you think the game is //cool// junk. 

Anyways besides that I never really played FF that much. Only the tactics. I did play 1 or 2 of them but I hate the combat system because I kind of feel I'm just poking enemies with a stick and not really doing anything and it made my eyes droopy kind of. I mean I see why people would like it a lot, but it just wasn't for me.

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

If it was free-to-play, I'd be tempted. But they're triple-dipping. Buy the game, buy the sub, and (optionally) buy stuff from their cash shop. I refuse to be a part of that kind of shitty business model.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 Cheffu_Chan

Cheffu_Chan

Byte

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Was that the one that came out August last year or so? I bought it because I have a bunch of friends who do MMOs and they all bought it too. I played for maybe a month. It was a whole lot of fun, but I don't have the focus or the time for MMOs.

You can solo the game and only pick up parties for boss fights and other big quests. The system they have for picking up parties was decent, and I'm sure they've worked out the flaws since then. I have some damn fun memories of dungeon crawls. There isn't a voice chat system in place, or wasn't then, so we used Skype and chatter-something in our guild. I joined with the aforementioned friends and their buddies from Wow and Lol and a whole bunch of other MMOs I don't play. They were all nice people. And most of the ones I met in game were too. I subscribed to the subreddit and met people there, too. Also good for finding out when the server was scheduled to update.

I played Ultima online and Runescape back in middle school, but this was the only MMO I'd played in about ten years or so. Easy to jump into, not as complicated as the last Final Fantasy MMO, or so my buddies say. I played THR/BLKM and had a whole lot of fun. DPS is my style. The crafting system is good too. You don't just mindlessly craft, it has a minigame of sorts.

If you're okay with a monthly subscription, go ahead. 15$ isn't anything bad, but I could see it bugging you. Plus, I think it was 60$ new, but you get one month free. If you are gonna commit some time, do it, but I always thought, 'I could be writing right now,' and could never sit for too long.

it's like 25 bucks, so that's not too bad, and I wouldn't much mind the 15 dollar fee, it's just don't want to get bored, haha. I played tera online for a while, and I got bored of that pretty quickly.

#7 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:17 AM

Bumping as I'm actually playing it now. I'm an Au'Ra Arcanist, because I wanted to be able to protect myself while soloing stuff but still be able to support when needed. I don't know much about the story, but the gameplay is kind of enjoyable. Seems to work quite well with the PS4 controller, though combinations and macros take a bit of getting used to.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#8 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:37 AM

Bumping as I'm actually playing it now. I'm an Au'Ra Arcanist, because I wanted to be able to protect myself while soloing stuff but still be able to support when needed. I don't know much about the story, but the gameplay is kind of enjoyable. Seems to work quite well with the PS4 controller, though combinations and macros take a bit of getting used to.

Can't really imagine how it'd work on PS4, but I have a cousin who plays it on there. However, he apparently has a keyboard to play it like the PC regardless. 

The game was impeccable however - very great MMORPG, that just had something missing, but I just can't think what. The graphics and player customisation was pretty rad - in fact, being able to change your character's facial expression whenever you wanted was pretty rad. 

I also did really like the community - I'm so used to toxic communities in MMORPGS that I didn't want to play this game, as it forces you to do dungeons. But honestly, I had some really great times. I played as my Pugilist/Monk and got to about Level 40 or so. Very great game that I really want to go back to once I feel finished with WoW. 

The only thing I didn't like was the ridiculous time to actually kill things. I think I spent about 3 levels in the city before I really managed to fight my first mob and try out my character's abilities to punch things really hard. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#9 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:05 AM

Ooooooooooh. 

I want to play again now after seeing this. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#10 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

If I ever get a new computer, I will 100% go back to playing. I loved it.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#11 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

S8EcQ8T.png

I2d9O73.png

nF8ZMvA.png

HFapDxk.png

GyPYykf.png