Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

#22 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

I dreamt my cat could talk and then we got married and did LSD.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#23 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Oh, this thread again.

Okay, I have something to contribute. My French teacher is convinced that he had precogniton 40 years ago. He tells this to every class that comes through

Unless there's falsifiable, testable, reliable, non anecdotal and ideally peer reviewed evidence, let alone proof, there's not really any argument to stand on.
I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#24 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Oh, this thread again.

Okay, I have something to contribute. My French teacher is convinced that he had precogniton 40 years ago. He tells this to every class that comes through

Unless there's falsifiable, testable, reliable, non allegorical and ideally peer reviewed evidence, let alone proof, there's not really any argument to stand on.

You are a little close minded.

Philosophical debates are made on non testable, unreliable and little proof data.

While confirmation of discoveries is made on those caveats, the discoveries are never found unless someone thinks "hmm I wonder why this is". If you don't argue or question as to why it is, or why it isn't as you think it should be, there would be no advancement. We'd simply think "oh it is because it is". You can be so sceptical that you close your mind to new data.

Because I can...

#25 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, but, unless there's some evidence to begin with, what's the point? I'm not seeing anything leading anyone in that direction.

I'll argue with people once they have an argument. Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but there is literally no good reason for me to consider precognition right now. If, at some point, there's an evidential basis to consider it on, I'll happily join the discussion. If someone can build a logically coherent argument for something, I'll bite. Until that point, it's no different than the spaghetti monster, the teacup orbiting Saturn or the pink plush monkey suction cupped to the back mars.
I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.