• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

THIS ISN'T RELEVANT, BUT I JUST WOKE UP AFTER "WATCHING" A MOVIE IN MY DREAMS WHERE I YELLED AT TIM BURTON FOR RIPPING OFF THE HOBBIT SONG... What the fuck...

#22 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

THIS ISN'T RELEVANT, BUT I JUST WOKE UP AFTER "WATCHING" A MOVIE IN MY DREAMS WHERE I YELLED AT TIM BURTON FOR RIPPING OFF THE HOBBIT SONG... What the fuck...

Do you know how much money I would pay to watch a hobbit movie directed by Tim Burton?

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#23 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Ahaha I bet a lot ! :D

#24 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

Gotta agree 110% with what Lando said at the end of page 1, exactly why I love Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#25 thefuturebatman

thefuturebatman

Byte

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

Ya i love all six of the Lord of the rings and Hobbit movies. i do think they could have done with only one or two Hobbit movies but they were still awesome. i have the books there, and i've already read the Hobbit and just working up to reading the Lord of the Rings. i just love the movies so much i don't want the books to ruin them for me hahaha. 

#26 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

Fellowship of the Ring is free on google play right now. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#27 thefuturebatman

thefuturebatman

Byte

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:30 AM

cool il have to have a look at it :D

#28 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

That's awesome. Thanks, Goog!

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#29 Perniciousroe

Perniciousroe

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

Hey, 

I used to get so annoyed whenever a movie came out and it was based off a book. Usually all the great little details were cut and it was never how I imagined. These days I've come to accept it. The Lord of the Rings movies really are just fan fiction in movie form. They're three of my favourite movies ever... but I still love reading the book. 

Just more excuses to head back to Middle Earth :)

#30 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Tim Burton hasn't been amazing for a while, unfortunately.  His work is still OK, but he has yet to surpass his greatest achievement, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#31 midnightblue

midnightblue

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

I didn't read the books until after watching the films, this helped a lot, however I do have to admit to skipping Tom Bombadil because frankly he made me want to hurl the book out the window.  

#32 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

There are tons of scenes throughout all 3 books that could have made it into the movies, but without replacing scenes that were included in the movies, they would have needed at least 2 movies per book. I'd be all for that, but still think 3 movies is a nice way to go.

The movies gained a lot of LOTR fans who probably would have never known about it without them. I read all 3 books in 2002 after seeing the first movie, so I'm guilty there.

Judging the movies by the books isn't totally right, but yeah, they have missing bits that only LOTR book readers will notice, and that could have made for epic scenes.

I followed reading LOTR with The Hobbit, and never got to The Silmarillion. I love how Tolkien's fantasy universe is inspired by medieval and mythological stories from different cultures.

As for mumbojumbo etc etc, the LOTR universe/Middle Earth encapsulates everything that a fantasy needs to be, it just does it without really leaving much out. (going from the original Tolkien-written storyline)

Other less in-depth fantasy movies like Harry Potter (for teens), or Pans Labyrinth (for adults) are better choices for less mumbojumbo.

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lord of the Rings