66 replies to this topic

#61 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

In the end I feel like all the people in charge have their own agendas and we can only hope some thing good comes out of it. That's probably the scariest part.. none of them are really out there for the greater good. Lets pay them less and then see how many want the job.

Air Traffic Controllers and professional baseball players are payed more than the president and the U.S. military combined.

#62 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

But they aren't ducking over the country for their own gain. They are playing a game. Just like actors and actresses make more than them.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#63 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

The US military (although I appreciate the possible sacrifice of life) is rather easy to join, and it's a stable job. You don't just get fired. That's a huge job security. Plus you live rent free, insurance free, and even bill and food free. Adding wife and kids, adds more money. They pay for you to move too. Like I said I appreciate the sacrifice. But most people that join the military are joining for the perks. You get THOUSANDS of dollars to join, and possibly even more every time you unlist. It you change jobs, another bonus. They pay for your college and you can give it to your wife or husband. I was once married to a guy in the military. Yes I get that they have a chance to get deployed. I am just making a point.

#64 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Enlist*

#65 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

The US military (although I appreciate the possible sacrifice of life) is rather easy to join, and it's a stable job. You don't just get fired. That's a huge job security. Plus you live rent free, insurance free, and even bill and food free. Adding wife and kids, adds more money. They pay for you to move too. Like I said I appreciate the sacrifice. But most people that join the military are joining for the perks. You get THOUSANDS of dollars to join, and possibly even more every time you unlist. It you change jobs, another bonus. They pay for your college and you can give it to your wife or husband. I was once married to a guy in the military. Yes I get that they have a chance to get deployed. I am just making a point.

I have may comments on this.  You are very wrong.  This is not the place for this at all.

#66 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

You can get "Dishonorable Discharge" from the military, which means that you have been terminated from the military. You then have to put that on every job application, meaning that no one will ever hire you again. It's as if you say I risked my life for my government. Now my government will not even let me find a job.

#67 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Air Traffic Controllers and professional baseball players are payed more than the president and the U.S. military combined.

Baseball's hard man

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity