#21 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

I don't care much about presidents..

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#22 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Very nice, I asked because there is so much back and forth.. I'm not a hard core political person, so all I know is liberals love him and conservatives don't. I think I the reason I hear more now than before was because of my age, and social media. I don't like some of the things his wife puts her name on/starts. But I can easily go around it so it's not a big deal

Some liberals don't support Obama. Some conservatives might support him. I am 100% sure that not all Republicans want him impeached because guess who would take his place. Biden. For what it's worth, I support only a little of Obama's policies and I identify myself as an independent who is centre-left; therefore, not everyone on this website is an extreme supporter of Barack Obama.

#23 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

I would say I'm independent too. I just want the freedom to pursue happiness, without other people's opinions to cloud my way. Whether that be that I have a gun, smoke pot, marry a woman, get an abortion, demand social security, believe in the death penalty. I don't don't if your racist, against gays, love prostitutes.. that's not my life. As long as you're not hurting people it's none of anyones business. Saying someone is a bigot for not liking gays, and bashing them and hating them is also be a bigot. People have different points of view, you can't be mad that they don't tolerate you if you can't show tolerance. Sorry for the rant (coexistence)

Ginger, is the spice of life

#24 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Clarification the use of YOU is directed towards anyone.

#25 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

I would say I'm independent too. I just want the freedom to pursue happiness, without other people's opinions to cloud my way. Whether that be that I have a gun, smoke pot, marry a woman, get an abortion, demand social security, believe in the death penalty. I don't don't if your racist, against gays, love prostitutes.. that's not my life. As long as you're not hurting people it's none of anyones business. Saying someone is a bigot for not liking gays, and bashing them and hating them is also be a bigot. People have different points of view, you can't be mad that they don't tolerate you if you can't show tolerance. Sorry for the rant (coexistence)

What about when you leave those people to make decisions that do affect you though? Hundreds of times throughout history we've seen what happens when we do allow bigots and hate filled people to accrue power. I would get a lofty prison sentence in Uganda just for existing, because I happen to find all people from all walks of life potentially attractive. You can say "as long as it's not hurting people it's not my business," but what about when it becomes your business because you never stood up and shouted out before. What about if one of your children is wrongly found guilty for a murder they don't commit and sentenced to death or if heaven forbid your baby was to be born with such terrible physical and mental defects that it would have no chance at even a modicum of a healthy happy life, but abortion was already banned.

There's an overused and overplayed quotation from Edmund Burke that comes to mind here: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I absolutely agree that freedom is potentially one of the most important factors in any one life but you'll find that the people who want to take yours away aren't just going to sit there and idly moan about it.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#26 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

I agree, I perfection nt exist. People with wrongful intentions are out there. I guess sometimes I sit and think. Why? Is it truly a hateful way, or is it just a different view with imperfections. Like ok I get people who are really angry for this thought. But like are the people we view as hateful, really hateful or do they strongly believe in their point, and fight for it. I'm not saying what they did wasn't horrific, I'm just questioning intentions. To some being with a man is completely not ok. It's not what you do. And people call them hateful. Because they believe their beliefs are wrong. Well what about the other side. These people truly believe that it's s no no. Abd harmful. So see.. I just have such a wide way of viewing others points. Obviously I don't care who anyone loves, I feel like love is pure and sex is private and homosexuality is written in history..

#27 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you saying that people who fight for cruelty and hatred can be legitimised if they believe in their cause strongly enough? Because they're so offended by what I do in the privacy of my bedroom that I should think of their reservations? Forget that. If I want to fuck a man I will bloody well fuck a man and if I want to fuck a woman I will fuck a woman. I absolutely refuse to entertain any notion that my love for other people is wrong because some guy with a beard down to his testicles wrote it down on a clay tablet 4000 years ago.

I mean by that logic, who cares if the KKK break into my girlfriend's house and string her up from a tree because she has dark skin? It's just their opinion that people of African descent are non-humans right?

#28 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

See you are getting defensive (understandibly) without me properly being able to say what I mean. My pure point is I think if we want tolerance and acceptance, then we need to show it. I'm in no way saying that acts of curlity are right or justified. Sorry if I got you heated, I'm sure if we were able to talk face to face I might be able to explain myself better.

#29 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

(this is why I stay out of politics)

Lp5M62Z.gif

#30 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yup! I wish I was better with words

#31 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Just to publicly clarify Settle_Elf and I cleared stuff up via PM. *throws confetti*

#32 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yay!!!!!

#33 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yey friendship!

Lp5M62Z.gif

#34 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

I live in ignorant bliss when it comes to politics.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#35 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

I have a question for the Democratic Party: Why vote for Hilary in 2016? I thought she might be even worse than Buchanan and Carter combined. Is it just because she's a woman? There are other females running. I just don't want a president that needs brain surgery after suffering a head injury. I also don't want a president who already owes millions of dollars before they even run.

#36 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

I have a question for the Democratic Party: Why vote for Hilary in 2016? I thought she might be even worse than Buchanan and Carter combined. Is it just because she's a woman? There are other females running. I just don't want a president that needs brain surgery after suffering a head injury. I also don't want a president who already owes millions of dollars before they even run.

I honestly have not given any thought to the '16 election one way or another.

I'm giving myself a year before I try to muster up a fuck to give.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#37 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

I'm giving myself a year before I try to muster up a fuck to give.

Perfectly said.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#38 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Well, it will be here sooner than it seems. I am just wondering for future reference why people want her as the president. It's all over the news that she's the favorite among Democrats. Maggie Hassan, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, and Janet Napolintano will probably run in the Democratic primary. They are all female. Why would they not vote for them instead?

#39 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

Battle Royal to the death...  Winner is the president...  After seeking medical attention..  covered by Obamacare...

#40 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Battle Royal to the death...  Winner is the president...  After seeking medical attention..  covered by Obamacare...

I support this.

When it was Bush and Kerry I suggested monkeys with knives would be a better solution. My government class at the time wasn't too fond of that. idea. >.>

nmjUGDL.jpg