66 replies to this topic

#41 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I actually think some kind of physical combat may be the way to go. People would truly train for it and wouldn't take the achievement lightly. Oh yes... great idea.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#42 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

To paraphrase the great Ron Bennington, republicans and democrats in government might have different ideas but they end up making the same shitty decisions.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#43 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

I actually think some kind of physical combat may be the way to go. People would truly train for it and wouldn't take the achievement lightly. Oh yes... great idea.

American President Ninja Warrior.

Fuck. YES.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#44 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

I think mostly Republicans would win A.P.N.W. They are normally the ones that are patriotic and want to serve in the military. Of course, the Democratic Party has recently been more successful. Yeah. That would be a gameshow that everyone in the U.S. would watch. I know I would watch it. Let's start funding this! Lol.

#45 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Wait! I have a better question than "Why are Dems voting for Hilary?" My new question is "Who would Pubs vote for in '16?"

#46 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

Honestly dude I think the general consensus here is not that many people here care, political topics are kind of red territory on NF, they're not encouraged as they tend to cause unnecessary schisms. :) 

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#47 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

I agree, I hate that Gol and I even got as heated as it did. No point.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#48 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

truespeak.

#49 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

Not trying to create controversy. Just asking questions for a political discussion. If arguments were not allowed on forums, then we would all be banned.

#50 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

I think mostly Republicans would win A.P.N.W. They are normally the ones that are patriotic and want to serve in the military. Of course, the Democratic Party has recently been more successful. Yeah. That would be a gameshow that everyone in the U.S. would watch. I know I would watch it. Let's start funding this! Lol.

Most democrat politicians have also served in the military actually.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#51 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

Not trying to create controversy. Just asking questions for a political discussion. If arguments were not allowed on forums, then we would all be banned.

I'm not saying you're trying to stir shit, I'm just giving a reason as to why no one replied when you posted the first time. Political shop is one of those pointless things because everyone is so stuck in their own ideologies they never look at the pros and cons of the other side. Ergo 99% of the time it's a waste of time debating it.

Wow, I think I just opened my own eyes to something...

#52 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Politics: You're fucked if you vote for this guy, and you're fucked if you vote for that guy.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#53 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

I'm not saying you're trying to stir shit, I'm just giving a reason as to why no one replied when you posted the first time. Political shop is one of those pointless things because everyone is so stuck in their own ideologies they never look at the pros and cons of the other side. Ergo 99% of the time it's a waste of time debating it.

Wow, I think I just opened my own eyes to something...

Ok. That's a relief. I just thought you were saying this thread was terrible because it previously created a debate. The original purpose was to find out who the worst president was. Like I said before, it's still probably Carter, Buchanan, Warren G. Harding or perhaps Franklin Pierce. People might consider Herbert Hoover as the worst president. That's just because they think he started the Great Depression. He could have had certain factors pertaining to it. The world was in a financial crisis at the time though. Kind of like when George W. Bush was in office, and I admit he was not really that great either...

#54 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

The thing is Presidents are just figureheads. Their actual power, in the grand scheme of things, is limited. Unless you're someone like FDR...in which case you throw so much shit at a wall some of it is bound to stick.

#55 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

BAM!!

#56 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Battle Royal to the death...  Winner is the president...  After seeking medical attention..  covered by Obamacare...

You.   I like you.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#57 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

The thing is Presidents are just figureheads. Their actual power, in the grand scheme of things, is limited. Unless you're someone like FDR...in which case you throw so much shit at a wall some of it is bound to stick.

THIS is why I don't get involved in politics. It's not the One Dude that's the issue. It's All The Dudes.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#58 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

All money hungry..

#59 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

All money hungry..

This is something that I think both of the two major U.S. political parties can agree with. That and Capitalism. Who was the closest to win the independent primary?

#60 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

In the end I feel like all the people in charge have their own agendas and we can only hope some thing good comes out of it. That's probably the scariest part.. none of them are really out there for the greater good. Lets pay them less and then see how many want the job.