41 replies to this topic

#1 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Is Fallout 4 going to take place in Florida? Where would you like for it to be set?

#2 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

There's no official information about Fallout 4 yet, everything that has been talked about on the internet so far has been hype and theories.

The most realistic theories tend to revolve around Boston though, as it's the location of MIT, Bethesda was also spotted in and around the city and MIT grounds doing research on the area.

http://kotaku.com/le...t-in-1481322956

So far all the discussion about Fallout 4 is 99% speculation/theory.

I think that having Fallout 4 set in Boston would be interesting, especially considering the role MIT could/would play in the story.

Florida would also be another interesting setting, mutated gators, the everglades, all the coastline, tropical storms/hurricaines.

Ooh that would be interesting, but I just don't know what Florida has to offer in terms of lore.

5A5DjRW.gif

#3 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

I think somewhere like Alaska would be interesting. So far it's all arid wastelands, but I'm really interested in seeing how they'd envision a colder region. Or alternatively, one with a lot of forest to it.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#4 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

I think somewhere like Alaska would be interesting. So far it's all arid wastelands, but I'm really interested in seeing how they'd envision a colder region. Or alternatively, one with a lot of forest to it.

Operation Anchorage(fallout 3 DLC) covered the Alaska side of Fallout lore already, was pretty interesting. 

5A5DjRW.gif

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'm guessing it'll be in Boston if at all, it's expected that The Commonwealth will be in it, if that's the case. Honestly I'd like to see the northern Mid-West done some justice; northern Missouri, Illinois and Iowa, all that jam. Interplay licensed out the IP or something for Tactics and whilst that game was fun for what it was, it took a massive shit all over Fallout canon. :/

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Ready for this?

Canada.

Yes Bethesda is American, and the other games have been in America, but why not some change.

Northern Canada would be a sweet location for something like this.

Winter wasteland, Grizzly, Kodiak and polar bear Yao Goai, irradiated moose, elk and rattlesnakes.

Not to mention wolves, coyote, cougars, black bears, and the most dangerous hunters of all......Eskimos.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Ready for this?

Canada.

Yes Bethesda is American, and the other games have been in America, but why not some change.

Northern Canada would be a sweet location for something like this.

Winter wasteland, Grizzly, Kodiak and polar bear Yao Goai, irradiated moose, elk and rattlesnakes.

Not to mention wolves, coyote, cougars, black bears, and the most dangerous hunters of all......Eskimos.

I agree.... I think Canada would be an awesome setting.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#8 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

It'd certainly be interesting, Canada was annexed by the yanks in the Fallout canon so It'd be interesting to see if there's still a BoS presence there (the FO1 cutscene has a BoS/ US army soldier executing a Canadian dissident).

#9 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Well, they kind of had a winter wasteland setting with Operation: Anchorage. I am not sure about too many landmarks in Canada that would be interesting to see. I do agree that Bethesda does not have to stay within the country though. Perhaps they could do the entire state of Florida in one game, then half of the country of Canada in the next. After all, game maps are getting larger and larger.

#10 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

Somewhere other than America would be nice. I don't even have a educated guess, Chinese and Canda are the only other countries talked about in the lore that I am aware of but that doesn't mean they couldn't put it anywhere else.

Though I suppose they couldn't play as much with their whole 50s theme thing if it isn't in America.

#11 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

Well, they kind of had a winter wasteland setting with Operation: Anchorage. I am not sure about too many landmarks in Canada that would be interesting to see. I do agree that Bethesda does not have to stay within the country though. Perhaps they could do the entire state of Florida in one game, then half of the country of Canada in the next. After all, game maps are getting larger and larger.

Operation Anchorage was a little blurb in Alaska, which did not fully appease my winter desires.

Canada has enough landmarks to make people happy.

Plus we have the badlands in Alberta, which are awesome and dinosaur filled.

Though I suppose they couldn't play as much with their whole 50s theme thing if it isn't in America.

We had the 50s here in Canada too.

And it was surprisingly similar to the 50s that happened in the US.

Weird, I know.

;)

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#12 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Canada's a good option, I want a snowy game filled with demon moose, but if they're going outside the US, I wanna see a stereotypical 60's Russia. A nuclear winter that never ended, stimpacks made from vodka bottles, and vodka brewed from mutant potatoes. I dunno if there were Vaults over there, but I'm sure there had to be a rival cold war company. And Cuban, there should be a huge Cuban influence. Maybe Che ran off there in the alternative timeline and the shaggy artist beard became popular. Guerrilla Warfare improves your gun and survival skills. And the motherfuckin Yao Guai should dance like circus bears. Cold war propaganda everywhere, and the last boss?

Spoiler

BTW, the Russian accent is my favorite. I have an uncle who lived in the USSR as a young man. Scariest fucker I've ever met, ever, and I think part of it was the molasses-thick accent he had.French girls are the sexiest, but my favorite has to be Russian. Russian, pirate, then French. And really only pirate when I'm drinking rum.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#13 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Canada's a good option, I want a snowy game filled with demon moose, but if they're going outside the US, I wanna see a stereotypical 60's Russia. A nuclear winter that never ended, stimpacks made from vodka bottles, and vodka brewed from mutant potatoes. I dunno if there were Vaults over there, but I'm sure there had to be a rival cold war company. And Cuban, there should be a huge Cuban influence. Maybe Che ran off there in the alternative timeline and the shaggy artist beard became popular. Guerrilla Warfare improves your gun and survival skills. And the motherfuckin Yao Guai should dance like circus bears. Cold war propaganda everywhere, and the last boss?

Spoiler

BTW, the Russian accent is my favorite. I have an uncle who lived in the USSR as a young man. Scariest fucker I've ever met, ever, and I think part of it was the molasses-thick accent he had.French girls are the sexiest, but my favorite has to be Russian. Russian, pirate, then French. And really only pirate when I'm drinking rum.

Russia would also be pretty decent.

Plus, it is already sort of a wasteland, so it wouldn't be too hard to to imagine.

Also, if Russian women are your thing, you need to look in to a lady (stage?) named Krystal Boyd.

Just do it, you will never be the same again.

#14 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

If they select Florida, then they could have plenty of nearby Caribbean islands for DLC. Kind of like they did with Alaska in Fallout 3. They could even keep it in the state and have the Florida Keys for DLC. If they select Canada as the setting for the next game, then they should have Greenland for DLC. After all, what is the capital of Greenland?

#15 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Nuuk, which if I remember correctly, only has like 10,000 citizens.

I'm actually thinking the Florida swamps would be really fun to explore. Also I'd love to see some new drugs, it would be stupid to have Jet that far east.

#16 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

I'm actually thinking the Florida swamps would be really fun to explore. Also I'd love to see some new drugs, it would be stupid to have Jet that far east.

So, just meth from Bama then?

Also, if Russian women are your thing, you need to look in to a lady (stage?) named Krystal Boyd.

Just do it, you will never be the same again.

Hehehe... She's a dirty girl. Also, Google thought I meant Teebo's girlfriend. No, Google. That's a bad Google.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#17 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

So, just meth from Bama then?

Hehehe... She's a dirty girl. Also, Google thought I meant Teebo's girlfriend. No, Google. That's a bad Google.

You could probably make jenkem from Flo-rida swamp water dude. :P

#18 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

A further devastated Florida would unravel the human mind and that would be illegal. But Canada, well I don't know anything about Canada but radioactive maple syrup would be amazing.

Also, Fallout in space but also somehow radioactive maple syrup.

#19 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

As long as Nuuk, Greenland is involved as DLC, then I'm in on Fallout: Canada. I'll even donate money for it, if it includes one of my favorite countries (Greenland).

https://www.change.o...reenland-as-dlc

#20 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Something that we should consider is that Canada was annexed into the U.S. in 2054, according to Fallout 3's load screen. Bethesda could still make it in Toronto or Ontario I suppose, or they could have the war of 2054. That would be fun.