11 replies to this topic

#1 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Why do they insist on spending time together.

#2 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Oh how family can be a blessing and a curse all rolled into one.
You want to hug them and stab them all at the same time.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#3 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I tend to avoid family gatherings. The family on my moms side is a little too rural for my taste, and it's either rednecks or old people who do nothing but gossip. They put some of the girls in my old high school to shame when it comes to sitting around gossiping.

when discussion isn't on gossip it's on farm equipment or other rural topics. Needless to say I usually end up in a corner with my headphones on either glued to my phone, sketchbook or DS/3DS.

On my dads side I don't even speak to my uncles, they don't speak to me for the most part and frankly I'm okay with that. One uncle is a bit of a douche, one is a fat racist prick who's openly racist towards natives, knowing that I'm part native. (I am status native in Canada) The third one and I just don't talk much, nothing more than a polite hello if we happen to see each other.

5A5DjRW.gif

#4 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

My whole family is one giant cesspool of weird.  Like not just a little weird, it's like 'wtf how did you get out of an asylum?' weird. I don't usually like being around my family do to that and some other past family history I have. 

Family gatherings are a no no.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#5 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

My family gathers frequently. I have extreme little cousin syndrome, so I don't really talk to them that much. I can at least eat their food and silently judge them as they do the same to me.

#6 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

i don't really like family gatherings... my dads family is generally ok, at least there is enough beer.. last christmas I got complimented by my grandma for my unusually good mood. I'm pretty sure it's because of the smoke I had right before.. ^^

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#7 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

Yay for having my close family being really small! Everyone else lives either in other countries or are super dead. (Y)

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#8 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Yay for having my close family being really small! Everyone else lives either in other countries or are super dead. (Y)

Not regular dead

Super dead

:P

Because I can...

#9 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Over the years I have purged my family down to a small close family. I just avoid all family functions with all the other people I can't stand and only spend time with those I like to be in the company of.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#10 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I think you know my thoughts on the subject.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#11 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

Over the years I have purged my family down to a small close family. I just avoid all family functions with all the other people I can't stand and only spend time with those I like to be in the company of.

Absolutely!  

#12 Guest_Davidro1903_*

Guest_Davidro1903_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:55 AM

Music means everything to me. The music I love, karl jacobs, gives me so much more than an audio experience. Recently i buy new album at karl jacobs shop. It gives me a creative outlet, emotional fulfillment, space for dancing, a culture of co-creation and a lifestyle I believe and participate in.