Photo

Um, scuze me 11th Doctor, wtf do u think ur doin?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Valerie

Valerie

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

the 11th doctor just acts like nothing ever happened to him before Amy, and he broke the sonic screw driver.
I loved the 10th and 9th much more.

#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

The newest Doctor is sort of a reboot of the reboot.
New writers, new actors, new universe.
They don't even hint at anything that happened to anything before this new Doctor.
Perhaps this new Doctor is an example of the whole multiverse theory.
Maybe when the tenth Doctor died a new universe was born that is entirely different from the original.
The last two made a point to show that they were still in the same universe.
There was even an episode with K-9 and Sarah Jane in it.
They also did all kinds of throwback hints and stuff.
The newest Doctor is living in a universe unique to him it seems without any signs that he is even the same person as the last two Doctors.
His universe is also way more science fantasy than science fiction, which explains the entirely new feel to everything.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I think we already know there are different universes. There was that episode arc where the 10th Doctor goes to the alternate universe where the cybermen had taken over.

But it is odd that there is no mention of the other doctors or anything. I know they have said that he has memory issues when he is reborn or something, but it seems odd that there is no more Jack Harkness or Face of Boe. They showed up frequently, previously.

#24 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Yes there are multiple universes according to the show, but it is assumed that the one we are seeing is the original one, which it may not actually be.

My woman was annoyed that they kicked Captain Jack to the curb and neglect a lot of other people that could easily make for great episodes.
Like the tenth Doctor's daughter, she is out there somewhere and they never went back to her.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#25 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

The Doctor did. *winkwink* if you know what I mean.

#26 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Do I ever.
I wonder if they ever get into the weirdest role playing imaginable.

#27 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Haha. For reals. She was hot though, so I don't blame him.

#28 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Competence always wins over clownish goons.

#30 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

I think now that Amy and Rory are gone, I'll enjoy the show a lot more, I wasn't a big fan of either of them.

Now Clara, I think I love her already, with nearly the same intensity that I did for Rose. Jenna-Lousie Coleman really has chemistry with Matt Smith. I can't wait to see more.

#31 DolphFungren

DolphFungren

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Personally. No one will ever match the awesomeness that is David Tennant ( 10th doctor ) but I do have to say that I love the humor and yet seriousness of Matt Smith (11th.) But its one of those shows you HAVE to watch from the beginning. And by beginning I mean 9th Doctor. Pretty much explains everything and you dont have to watch 50 years of show to get it.

batman_003_01.jpg

#32 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Netflix has a lot of the earlier episodes, like 60s episodes. I tried watching them with a friend and they're quite cheesy. We did watch some of Tom Baker's episodes, since he was quite good.

But the ninth doctor will always have a place in my heart. However short lived his run was, you never forget your first doctor.

#33 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

I like Patrick Troughton because he was the one I think...that I saw first.

Has anyone seen the new cybermen by the way? They look somewhat different from the Lumic cybermen but the thing is now they just look completely like robots and not the man-machines that they are.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#34 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

They do look a lot more robotic, I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. The Cybermen needed a reboot though,

I think Neil Gaiman is writing the episode to introduce them, so I have high hopes. I love Gaiman's written work and his other episode, The Doctor's Wife, was really enjoyable.

#35 adipose

adipose

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

This Christmas episode with the 11th doctor was his first episode that i totally loved! before it was indeed just a bit weird but now it was just fun! like 9 and rose in one of the first episodes ;)
Changing the world with one act of random kindness at a time!

Don't forget to be awesome ;)

#36 Zerosum11

Zerosum11

Byte

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOld Vegas, NV

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I liked Christopher Eccleston, and I was actually sad to see him go. David Tennant is in my opinion the greatest doctor (I welcome your hatemail.) and he is also quickly becoming a favorite actor of mine. Matt Smith on the other hand... no. Just no.

To me, seeing Rose go was depressing. Mainly the way they tore her away from the doctor. To have her story line now complete (with the end of season 4.) I no longer care to watch anymore, since I know she's off happy in some other dimension. Billie Piper is forever gone, David Tennant is gone... why watch the new series anymore?

I also enjoy watching classic who at times as well. Maybe I'll switch over to full time classic who since I refuse to watch Matt Smith.

I don't know. Maybe he'll grow on me someday, but I doubt it.

"We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?" - Captain Zapp Brannigan

#37 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I liked Christopher Eccleston, and I was actually sad to see him go. David Tennant is in my opinion the greatest doctor (I welcome your hatemail.) and he is also quickly becoming a favorite actor of mine. Matt Smith on the other hand... no. Just no.

To me, seeing Rose go was depressing. Mainly the way they tore her away from the doctor. To have her story line now complete (with the end of season 4.) I no longer care to watch anymore, since I know she's off happy in some other dimension. Billie Piper is forever gone, David Tennant is gone... why watch the new series anymore?

I also enjoy watching classic who at times as well. Maybe I'll switch over to full time classic who since I refuse to watch Matt Smith.

I don't know. Maybe he'll grow on me someday, but I doubt it.

That's a strangely short sighted opinion to have, Matt is pretty great, if I took that opinion to every show then I'd not have watched past the death of Eddard Stark in Game of Thrones! XD

You should give it a go, Smith has his own unique charm. Shame about Moffat's writing at times but still...

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#38 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

That's a strangely short sighted opinion to have, Matt is pretty great, if I took that opinion to every show then I'd not have watched past the death of Eddard Stark in Game of Thrones! XD

You should give it a go, Smith has his own unique charm. Shame about Moffat's writing at times but still...

Ned dies!!!! Oh God No!

Just kidding, I read the books ages ago :D

Tom Baker was my first Doctor, Long before I was born the BBC basement flooded destroying the original copies of DW Season 1 and 2 meaning apart from a few copies floating around it could never be aired again. So I came in on the 4th Doctor anyways and he was a great introduction to the series. Modern DW I have watched them all and am waiting for the new season later this year. Ryan and David were great Doctors but for different reasons. Matt is great also and I think its just a "You have to appreciate it as something new and different not compare it to the old" like with Game of Thrones the books are amazing, and then the TV show comes along and it is completely shit compared to the book, but if you don't compare it to the book it has great casting, amazing acting and portrays a fantastic story. Matt comes along and does a fantastic Doctor but sure if you compare him to other doctors he falls short.

#39 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

The hard shift from Science Fiction to Future Fantasy?

The shift from Fringe to The Wizard of Oz?

fl9Uov4.gif

#40 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

The shift from Fringe to The Wizard of Oz?

I think the atmosphere in Matt's shows are very fantasy like, and I will admit, I love the atmosphere. But I haven't felt emotionally connected to anyone. Like, with Rose I cried, Martha kind of just left, so it wasn't a sad ending. Donna, I cried. Amy and Rory.. as much as I think Karen is so cool, do I really care all that much about Amy or Rory? Not really... I don't even like River all that much, It's a really cool concept, but I just don't enjoy the character. I think they're stretching her out too much. She should really just meet the doctor for the first time and be done with it by now.