25 replies to this topic

#21 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'M SHOCKED AND APPALLED THAT NOBODY HAS MENTIONED INDEPENDENCE DAY OR STARGATE THE MOVIE!!!!!

Independence Day was ok, waaay too many plot holes and logical fallacies for me to consider it great though.

The Stargate movie was also just ok, shadowed by the show in oh so many ways.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#22 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

its easy! Aliens (1986) best scifi or is that one more of a an action movie? Also Blade Runner is an awesome movie.

#23 tbayl00

tbayl00

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Ender's Game! Best book also!

#24 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Independence Day was ok, waaay too many plot holes and logical fallacies for me to consider it great though.

The Stargate movie was also just ok, shadowed by the show in oh so many ways.

I feel the same about stargate. I loved the series but didn't care much for the movie. I thought Independence Day was hilarious though. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#25 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hilarious in that it is so damn silly it is almost a sattire.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#26 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

Yeah, I know it was supposed to be an action movie and what not, but I enjoyed the sillyness. Especially when he's dragging the alien through the desert. 

• [to the unconscious alien] Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off. But no! You got me out here, draggin' your heavy ass, through the burnin' desert, with your dreadlocks sticking out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad. And what the hell is that smell?! [screams and kicks the alien] I could've been at a barbecue! But I ain't mad.

nmjUGDL.jpg